Happier than before :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Happier than before :woo:
    :dancing2:

ReputationRep:
    Disappointed, frustrated, angry.

ReputationRep:
    A bit 'Grrr', tired, fed up with being fed up regarding not being able to sleep well et al...

Apart from that, I'm tip top

OH NO. Two nights ago, I was on my phone not really paying attention, just looking through my gallery and taking pictures. Then suddenly, the main folder for pictures disappeared without a trace. All my whatsapp folders were still there, the downloaded picture folder etc. Just my main folder was gone. I had some really important pictures in there too - pictures of reference lists for my essay and pictures of lesson plans from seminars. So I was quite annoyed.
      Was googling before how to fix it/get it back, and a couple of people said to clear your gallery cache and reboot your phone, and all the pictures should reappear. So I took a back up (I'm not totally stupid) and then did that.
      Now, my gallery is royally messed up. ALL my folders are gone. It's just merged all my whatsapp and downloaded pictures into one folder in a COMPLETELY RANDOM ORDER, so pictures from 2 years ago are at the top, for example. Maybe this is a new version of the Gallery app or something.
      So yeah, I still don't have all those pictures which is quite upsetting, and what was left of my phone gallery as turned into a massive photo dump.

:cry:
      And I've still not done one iota of work today.
      I'm going to have shepherds pie for tea to cheer me up.

ReputationRep:
      Abysmal.
      Yesterday and today I have felt absolutely exhausted. I had terrible sleep on Saturday and Sunday night, but the last two nights weren't too bad, so it's rather weird. I completely botched an exam today; well, I say botched, provided they can read my writing - which might not be feasible - properly I could well get around 70, but more likely I'm looking at 60ish or less. And the thing is the places where I botched it weren't in my understanding. Nope, that was fine. My knowledge was fine. Nope, I couldn't f**king multiply polynomials properly. I spent all my time messing up calculations so when I moved on, having not got even closer to answer, I also had no time to answer things that I otherwise would have been able to think through. And tomorrow I have an extremely calculation heavy exam and I don't know how to make sure I'm actually capable, as getting a good night's sleep didn't seem to help; I just couldn't think straight remotely today. Even worse, I literally just wrote matrices down wrongly again and again, even when I got calculations right they were irrelevant. I don't understand why they can't be three hours. This is the exam I most prepared for and I f**king got destroyed by it because I wasn't quick enough and didn't have good enough exam technique. That's not what maths is about. But I knew this was the gig, so I have only myself to blame.

ReputationRep:
      Last day of being 17, not sure how i feel about that
      • Welcome Squad

proud of myself even if no-one else is.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by CoolCavy)
      proud of myself even if no-one else is.
      TSR is proud of you and what more do you need? :lol:
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
      Last day of being 17, not sure how i feel about that
      ooh - you're 18 tomorrow then? :party:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by bizzy_penguin)
      ooh - you're 18 tomorrow then? :party:
      Yup exciting but slightly weird at the same time lol
      • Welcome Squad

(Original post by ForestShadow)
      TSR is proud of you and what more do you need? :lol:
      for people to acknowledge when someone wants to talk about something and for people to put slightly more effort in instead of me chasing everyone all the time

being 18 is **** just to warn u
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      it must be the time has flown- 2 months until I'm 18
      & I still think of 10 years ago as 1997 not 2007 despite the fact I didn't even exist in 1997... :rofl:

ReputationRep:
      for people to acknowledge when someone wants to talk about something and for people to put slightly more effort in instead of me chasing everyone all the time

being 18 is **** just to warn u
      Yeah quite a lot of people say that

(Original post by bizzy_penguin)
      it must be the time has flown- 2 months until I'm 18
      & I still think of 10 years ago as 1997 not 2007 despite the fact I didn't even exist in 1997... :rofl:
      It won't be long before we'll be saying "1997 was 20 years ago"
      17 is a great age tbh, make the most of it

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
      OH NO. Two nights ago, I was on my phone not really paying attention, just looking through my gallery and taking pictures. Then suddenly, the main folder for pictures disappeared without a trace. All my whatsapp folders were still there, the downloaded picture folder etc. Just my main folder was gone. I had some really important pictures in there too - pictures of reference lists for my essay and pictures of lesson plans from seminars. So I was quite annoyed.
      What phone have you got? You might be able to plug it into a PC and retrieve the photos through that. PM me if you would like help.
      • TSR Support Team
      • Peer Support Volunteers
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      Depression is kicking my butt and it couldn't have come at a worse time. All I can try and do it is ride it out.
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      Poor Mr Bert is not going to get that chicken feed on time :sad:
      Had 4 calls from this company now Poor Bert :emo: I'll have to call them back and pray for iccle Berty's chickens

(Original post by Deyesy)
      Depression is kicking my butt and it couldn't have come at a worse time. All I can try and do it is ride it out.
      :console::cube: Thinking of you Mr Deyesy :penguinhug:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Deyesy)
      So sorry to hear this. Depression is an absolute b astard. Feeling a bit pissed off too today. Bus to main bus station took forever, so missed connecting bus to airport.[ There were no earlier buses]. Had to get taxi to airport which cost a fortune. By the time we got to the airport our flight to Liverpool was actually in the air. Tickets were non transferable. Would have cost us £96 each to buy another. But other flights would have got in too late. Had no choice but to come home again. Got in at noon, just as we should have been arriving at Birley. Happy days. [ See my post about "Uni disaster" for more details if you're interested]. Hope things pick up for you soon, Deysey.

ReputationRep:
      Need to do an Geography essay plan for tomorrow.......

.......except I don't have a clue how to plan the essay...........

.........i hate Geography so much..............

ReputationRep:
      whats on your mind Cavy

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.