Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    tired.
    Was confused as to why but then i realised ive had about 7 hours in 2 nights which isn't that horrendous but im getting a bit exhausted now after so much work
    maybe that's why im having bad chest pains, feel like im being squeezed
    but idc cos i haven't ever felt this comfortable within myself and no melatonin or school stress will subdue this feeling :cute:
    Aww Cavy, I hope you feel better soon xxx :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    stressed about the ucas acceptance deadline
    stressed i haven't heard back from my apprenticeship interview
    stressed about my upcoming A2 exams
    stressed because i don't know what i want to do with my life

conclusion: stressed

ReputationRep:
    I am sorry Ms EF, I will go prioritise
    CheeseIsVeg
    Hahaha :rofl:

I suppose most of us need to get our priorities straight this time of year

ReputationRep:
    Today I've realised just how lazy I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    tired.
    Was confused as to why but then i realised ive had about 7 hours in 2 nights which isn't that horrendous but im getting a bit exhausted now after so much work
    maybe that's why im having bad chest pains, feel like im being squeezed
    but idc cos i haven't ever felt this comfortable within myself and no melatonin or school stress will subdue this feeling :cute:
    :hugs:hope the chest pains stop soon Cavy

ReputationRep:
    Feeling so so tired & stressed. My exams are in under 2 weeks. I'm getting heart burn 😩 Eating habits have become ridiculous. My mood swings are stronger. I just can't wait to finish my AS. If these are my AS' I can't even imagine how my A2 are gonna be like. 😞😞

ReputationRep:
    I haven't felt this bad in a while. I'm so f**king stupid, and I am screwed for my exams.

ReputationRep:
    Finished my assignment. Relieved.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    My hair is at the shortest it has ever been :eek: Love it.

Just got off the phone with my school best friend and we have made tentative plans for me to visit her in June, That should be fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I haven't felt this bad in a while. I'm so f**king stupid, and I am screwed for my exams.
    Nah you should be fine; IIRC you mentioned that you did alright in your exams so far? 70% is really not that much, and remember you got 86% last year. Even if you don't do well this year, you could still just put a lot of effort from the start of next year in order to guarantee reasonably high marks in a year that (I think) matters more.
    I mean, nothing's holding you back there apart from not deciding to work hard.

Meanwhile I'm screwed in terms of getting a respectable mark. A first, sure, but 70% in first year is a joke. I got 75% in maths by computer (I got 0 in the last 10% assignment Q lol), failed some pretty weighty assignments in prob A and discrete maths and I left my self-study/revision way too late. I've yet to do a single maths question in my revision, only managing to start papers now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Nah you should be fine; IIRC you mentioned that you did alright in your exams so far? 70% is really not that much, and remember you got 86% last year. Even if you don't do well this year, you could still just put a lot of effort from the start of next year in order to guarantee reasonably high marks in a year that (I think) matters more.
    I mean, nothing's holding you back there apart from not deciding to work hard.

Meanwhile I'm screwed in terms of getting a respectable mark. A first, sure, but 70% in first year is a joke. I got 75% in maths by computer (I got 0 in the last 10% assignment Q lol), failed some pretty weighty assignments in prob A and discrete maths and I left my self-study/revision way too late. I've yet to do a single maths question in my revision, only managing to start papers now.
    Yeah except Algebra I. In which I answered most hard proofs that actually tested understanding but totally screwed up overall because I couldn't calculate a 4*4 determinant. Probs looking at <60. But the thing is that the term 2 modules are far harder, and I am at the mo trying to learn them rather than revise them really. And they are in like a month. I am sure you will be okay given your Jan exams.

By the way I think I got exactly 75 in MbC with a 0 in the last exercise as well.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah except Algebra I. In which I answered most hard proofs that actually tested understanding but totally screwed up overall because I couldn't calculate a 4*4 determinant. Probs looking at <60. But the thing is that the term 2 modules are far harder, and I am at the mo trying to learn them rather than revise them really. And they are in like a month. I am sure you will be okay given your Jan exams.

By the way I think I got exactly 75 in MbC with a 0 in the last exercise as well.
    I can guarantee that you got more than 60. If you're anything like me (which I suspect you are) you probably just inflated your mistakes because they were particularly bad, like me with Foundations. Even if not, there should be a fair amount of scaling.

I'm spending less time preparing for 9 exams than I spent for those two exams. Plus those two modules/exams were really straightforward, and I still messed up badly in places.
    Lol what a coincidence. I know a guy who straight up just didn't bother to partake in MbC. I considered that, but then I realised that I probably wouldn't even get a first, not because of the mark setback but because I'd have little hope of getting even a decent 80+ score, so I wouldn't even have the little motivation I have now.

ReputationRep:
    I am so :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ED.

ReputationRep:
    And I feel so bitter.

ReputationRep:
    Miserable miserable miserable yay
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    Why? I'm also miserable, just like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    I can guarantee that you got more than 60. If you're anything like me (which I suspect you are) you probably just inflated your mistakes because they were particularly bad, like me with Foundations. Even if not, there should be a fair amount of scaling.

I'm spending less time preparing for 9 exams than I spent for those two exams. Plus those two modules/exams were really straightforward, and I still messed up badly in places.
    Lol what a coincidence. I know a guy who straight up just didn't bother to partake in MbC. I considered that, but then I realised that I probably wouldn't even get a first, not because of the mark setback but because I'd have little hope of getting even a decent 80+ score, so I wouldn't even have the little motivation I have now.
    One 11 marker I will be lucky to get 4 on; otherwise I left out entirely two 5 markers and a 3 marker, missed out part of the definition for an abelian group, manically rushed a 6 marker at the end, wrote down and found the SNF of a different matrix to the one actually given in a 5 mark question and scrawled out basically illegible stuff even when I was actually doing things correctly. I think around 70 is my absolute most optimistic hope minus scaling.

Fair enough but personally I found the Summer exams nicer than Analysis Foundations. I am not sure that much time is needed. This was the case with the first half of my exams this year also. But now Metric Spaces and Differentiation and Algebra are going to kill me.

Yeah never a good idea to just skip a core module lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    me too

ReputationRep:
    One 11 marker I will be lucky to get 4 on; otherwise I left out entirely two 5 markers and a 3 marker, missed out part of the definition for an abelian group, manically rushed a 6 marker at the end, wrote down and found the SNF of a different matrix to the one actually given in a 5 mark question and scrawled out basically illegible stuff even when I was actually doing things correctly. I think around 70 is my absolute most optimistic hope minus scaling.

Fair enough but personally I found the Summer exams nicer than Analysis Foundations. I am not sure that much time is needed. This was the case with the first half of my exams this year also. But now Metric Spaces and Differentiation and Algebra are going to kill me.

Yeah never a good idea to just skip a core module lol.
    How can you miss part of the def for an abelian group, I thought there was only one 'part' to it lol?
    Eh, that's kinda bad (70 minus scaling is great for a 'messed up' exam though), but nothing compared to how badly I'll do in discrete maths. Thank god they've just sent out emails for revision lectures, definitely have to go to those.
    That's just one module I would say. And you're goal now is just to get a first right, or are you trying to do better than that?

Maybe I'm learning a tonne of stuff that I really don't need to. But it does take a lot of time for me. Remember I'm a lot worse at maths than it seems. You seem to have a fair amount of talent so you managed to do really well with little revision, but I take ages to properly revise a module. The stuff just doesn't intuitively 'click' until I've read it like 50 times over. Once it does I'm generally ok though.

ReputationRep:
    Sick
    ill
    Uncomfortable
    In a crying mood
    A little empty

Probably should cry. Then will fall asleep.
    Tired

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.