Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Nervous about going to the dentist tomorrow :cry2:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely amazing
    Got tickets to see Gorillaz at the O2 and I've waited years for this :ahee::ahee::ahee:
    AHHHHH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Absolutely amazing
    Got tickets to see Gorillaz at the O2 and I've waited years for this :ahee::ahee::ahee:
    AHHHHH
    o
    i
    c
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    o
    i
    c
    COME

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    COME
    okay den
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by ByronicHero)
    You won't be paying bills or have to worry very much about being an adult in your first year. If you can buy food, prepare it, use a washing machine and wash yourself you will already have a head start on many of the people who move into halls. Students pretend they are independent, but they're not. You will have cleaners, room checks and people looking after your well-being. Even when you do have to pay bills the process is incredibly simple. In fact, it can be set up to be automatic so you never even have to think about it.

I don't know that you are overreacting, I think I said clearly that I didn't know. I'd guess you probably are because almost everyone overestimates their deficiencies when they lack confidence.

Don't wish your life away. You have the world slowly rolling out in front of you. I'm old and have to work and drink a lot of coffee but I'd love to be able to go and derp around at university for another few years.
    :confused:
    im living in a house share, it isnt like the creche that is halls and i sincerely doubt i will have a cleaner or anything like that
    fair enough

idk i dont want to talk about this anymore, sometimes people pointing out the positives in everything isnt helpful despite their best intentions

(Original post by SassKing13)
    I know it's easy for someone else to say - someone who is sort of on the outside looking in - but I'm sure you've come so far in life, and you might not think it, but you have

Life is stressful - accept that but as ByronicHero said, just keep going! I know that's easier said than done, but at least you are trying. I mean, to me you seem like someone who is INCREDIBLY hard-working, and that's a really good thing You mentioned being awkward and shy, but you will get over that in time (I'm shy too ).

I really hope this doesn't sound too patronising? Because I'm just trying to reassure you :hugs:

Keep going Cavy You'll figure this thing called 'life' out :hugs:
    thank you for trying sassking x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    im living in a house share, it isnt like the creche that is halls and i sincerely doubt i will have a cleaner or anything like that
    fair enough

idk i dont want to talk about this anymore, sometimes people pointing out the positives in everything isnt helpful despite their best intentions

Just saw your post about pointing out the positives. Fair enough and understandable No worries :hugs:
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by SassKing13)
    Just saw your post about pointing out the positives. Fair enough and understandable No worries :hugs:
    :hugs: x
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    fair enough

It really is easy, but you're right - sometimes hearing it isn't helpful.

Good luck with it all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    we slowly fall into physical decrepitude and lose our boyish good looks.
    Sigh

:moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Sigh

:moon:
    I guess it's not all bad. Apparently DILFs are all the rage these days. Give me another 20 years, a dad bod, a wedding ring and a couple of kids, and then the hot undergraduate lads will be climbing over each other to get into my pants
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Upset

My partner's gran passed away this evening :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ecstatic! (Cos of what happened in France)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Upset

My partner's gran passed away this evening :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry to hear that :console:

How's your grandma coping?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    Sorry to hear that :console:

How's your grandma coping?
    Thanks :hugs: it was my boyfriend's gran that died, not my gran's partner. He's doing OK, still in shock I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's a bird chirping. It's so calming

ReputationRep:
    Did I ever say adult problem's didn't suck? and yes i do actually considering i've moved houses numerous times and lived in different places including london and witnessed the whole thing

**** off and leave me alone. you have no idea about my life

i never once asked anyone in this thread for advice but everyone seems qualified to give judgement

quit being an armchair critic and go back to 'wondering why your partner doesnt want sex with you'
    do you want to talk?
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by chelseafreak)
    do you want to talk?
    im just angry how people feel they can patronise and talk down to me as if ive been raised in some magical bubble where nothing has ever gone wrong for me.
    Bad things have happened to me just as they do for everyone but just because im 18 doesn't make them any less valid and yes i am nervous about university because im going to have next to nothing to live on and it's all very well for people to say how easy it is and that adults have it harder when they have been there and done it. It's like university students saying to GCSE students that GCSEs were easy when at the time they seemed like the hardest things in the world
    I also don't know why everything has to be a competition of who has it the worst all the time, of course adults have their own issues but do people not realise that I idolise things and make things dreams in order to find a goal in life so i dont try to run into a ****ing main road like i did last time

ReputationRep:
    im just angry how people feel they can patronise and talk down to me as if ive been raised in some magical bubble where nothing has ever gone wrong for me.
    Bad things have happened to me just as they do for everyone but just because im 18 doesn't make them any less valid and yes i am nervous about university because im going to have next to nothing to live on and it's all very well for people to say how easy it is and that adults have it harder when they have been there and done it. It's like university students saying to GCSE students that GCSEs were easy when at the time they seemed like the hardest things in the world
    I also don't know why everything has to be a competition of who has it the worst all the time, of course adults have their own issues but do people not realise that I idolise things and make things dreams in order to find a goal in life so i dont try to run into a ****ing main road like i did last time
    you are right,it is easy for people to look back at their time in school and think it was really easy but when you are going through it then it is a very tough process to get through. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Simply very very very tired.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.