Anxious
    Need to relax
    *breath*
    *you'll be fine*
    Should probably sleep
    *closes eyes*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My motivation to revise has gone through the floor. I've already done the best past papers, and many subjects have mostly useless papers anyway. I know that I forget material easily and that most of what I do now is pointless anyway. I can't be arsed to do practice questions which are harder than the exams and will never come up in them. I can't be arsed to rote memorise stuff when I know I'll have forgotten it in a few weeks and I always do better memorising things very close to the exam. I feel tired all the time; I can barely focus on anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    thank you :hugs:
    same to you :yes:

this is so cute
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    Like a stressed ball of nothingness...

ReputationRep:
    this is getting stupid, gonna go to the doctors for once lol
    hope your ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    My motivation to revise has gone through the floor. I've already done the best past papers, and many subjects have mostly useless papers anyway. I know that I forget material easily and that most of what I do now is pointless anyway. I can't be arsed to do practice questions which are harder than the exams and will never come up in them. I can't be arsed to rote memorise stuff when I know I'll have forgotten it in a few weeks and I always do better memorising things very close to the exam. I feel tired all the time; I can barely focus on anything.
    Same, as soon as I realise I've got just enough time left to finish a just about satisfactory amount of revision, I feel perpetually tired and like lying in bed all the time. Probably has something to do with staying up 27 hours straight for no reason a couple of days ago. I just hope that in those 1-3 days before each exam I'll actually be bothered to do one more pass of rote memorising the notes. Just like GCSE/A-Levels. I need that stress to make me revise lol.
    We have an excuse though, this really is not the world's most stimulating course, especially considering what the most effective way to perform well in the exams is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Same, as soon as I realise I've got just enough time left to finish a just about satisfactory amount of revision, I feel perpetually tired and like lying in bed all the time. Probably has something to do with staying up 27 hours straight for no reason a couple of days ago. I just hope that in those 1-3 days before each exam I'll actually be bothered to do one more pass of rote memorising the notes. Just like GCSE/A-Levels. I need that stress to make me revise lol.
    We have an excuse though, this really is not the world's most stimulating course, especially considering what the most effective way to perform well in the exams is.
    I can barely even call what I'm doing revision at this point. Most of the time I'm just slumped backwards reading a sentence of the notes every now and then while the majority of the time is just spent watching youtube videos or whatever. Thing is that I obviously read these notes back when I was doing assignments for the course, understood the material in order to do the assignments, and still forgot everything. Admittedly the time until exams is pretty short, but I still don't trust myself to do the bulk of revision for a module a few weeks early and then not have to work just as hard later on anyway, to the point where the initial revision is practically "overwritten". But yeah stress is pretty key. I dunno how people can revise for months. Maybe it's just a matter of a good diet and exercise and all that typical crap, maybe that's the key to motivation. But as you say it's not exactly easy to be motivated for this course. Differentiation is refreshingly challenging in parts but then the challenge is mainly a matter of notation and remembering complicated statements rather than the requirement of any actual creativity.

ReputationRep:
    Holding myself tight
    Trying not to break down
    I didn't need to be told
    That I am hated
    Today of all days
    Can't stop the sobbing
    Struggling to breathe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I can barely even call what I'm doing revision at this point. Most of the time I'm just slumped backwards reading a sentence of the notes every now and then while the majority of the time is just spent watching youtube videos or whatever. Thing is that I obviously read these notes back when I was doing assignments for the course, understood the material in order to do the assignments, and still forgot everything. Admittedly the time until exams is pretty short, but I still don't trust myself to do the bulk of revision for a module a few weeks early and then not have to work just as hard later on anyway, to the point where the initial revision is practically "overwritten". But yeah stress is pretty key. I dunno how people can revise for months. Maybe it's just a matter of a good diet and exercise and all that typical crap, maybe that's the key to motivation. But as you say it's not exactly easy to be motivated for this course. Differentiation is refreshingly challenging in parts but then the challenge is mainly a matter of notation and remembering complicated statements rather than the requirement of any actual creativity.
    Yeah that's how my 'revision' was when reading as well, just reading a bit between watching yt vids/playing chess/while waiting for something to load. I also basically forgot everything from the year; it takes at least 3 passes close to the exam to properly know the stuff. Now it's just fizzled out into simply staring at a page titled 'Analysis II 2015' with '1.(a)' written out. That has been my work for the day. Well I idly made sure I could work out a couple of trivial bookwork Qs in the paper in my head, but that's it. I also just learned that I have 3 days more than I originally thought before exams. Great, now I'm even less stressed and thus even less inclined to put pen to paper. Didn't even bother to attend to the two supervisions last week...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Holding myself tight
    Trying not to break down
    I didn't need to be told
    That I am hated
    Today of all days
    Can't stop the sobbing
    Struggling to breathe
    :console:
    Oh sis
    I'm there for you
    No worries
    I don't know how you are feeling exactly, but now I feel exactly like how you've described in this post

ReputationRep:
    Holding myself tight
    Trying not to break down
    I didn't need to be told
    That I am hated
    Today of all days
    Can't stop the sobbing
    Struggling to breathe
    You are not hated at all :hugs: you care about everyone, but sometimes it happens that when someone is angry, or upset they say they hate you unintentionally. Dont dont mean to. If they hated you, you would hate them too. If you love them, it's for a reason. It's because somewhere in that person's heart, there is a place for you. That's why you love them. And wherever there is a place, there is love :love: just that sometimes, it's hidden.

Dont cry :lovehug: it'll all get better. It's okay, you'll be fine. I LOVE YOU

SMILE :grin::grin::grin:
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by chelseafreak)
    hope your ok
    Thank you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    i legit hate being sick
    mentally n physically but dats lyf lol

ReputationRep:
    Thank you :hugs:
    :hugs:

The stress I am feeling is completely ridiculous but very real:cry: First day of placement tomorrow back in that horrible school and I am feeling so nauseous. The dread, the stomach churning, the feeling of vomit. The worry and stress wouldn't be half so bad if only the physical symptoms stopped. I can't focus. Got this assignment due on Thursday and I have no idea what I'm doing, dunno what books to read. UGH. And the university counselling service never got back to me and it's too late now cos I just wanted to tell them about my stress about placement.

The thought that everyone will remember me as the girl who THAT happened to (and if they consider my fault, even worse) makes it unbearable. Why couldn't I have been given a fresh school?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Reshyna)
      :console:
      Oh sis
      I'm there for you
      No worries
      I don't know how you are feeling exactly, but now I feel exactly like how you've described in this post
      (Original post by My Moon <3)
      xxx
      :hugs: the two of you. Love you too

ReputationRep:
      this is getting stupid, gonna go to the doctors for once lol
      :hugs:
      Thanks for the VM btw

ReputationRep:
      Holding myself tight
      Trying not to break down
      I didn't need to be told
      That I am hated
      Today of all days
      Can't stop the sobbing
      Struggling to breathe
      Oh damn :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      do u ever get so overwhelmed with work, deadlines, stress and life problems that u just want to start crying bc that's how im feeling rn. I feel like im gonna have another breakdown

ReputationRep:
      Think c***o is getting to me 😳😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.