Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In response to the question of this thread, I'm feeling amazing

I went on a date last night with a guy and we got on so amazingly well. He's very handsome, French, well-educated, multi-lingual (like eight languages) and he's 6'5 (I'm 5'8). He's very French in the sense that he's comfortable with public displays of affection. Last night we caught up in central London and went for an explore on foot around a historical area (the Inns of Court), then found a local pub and had a few drinks, then decided to press on to have dinner together which we did after finding a local restaurant. Then neither of us wanted to call it a night so we pressed on to another pub and had a few more drinks.

Sitting at our table in the pub he leaned forward, gazing into my eyes and clasping my hands inside his (huge and sexy hands; large because he's tall but delicate like a surgeon's). And when we were walking between restaurant and pub and we walked past some stairs, we stopped there and I got up onto the first step and he stayed on the ground so we could kiss at the same height He also was super confident and comfortable about kissing me, about holding my hand in public, in that sort-of way of French men.

It was just like perfect chemistry, I still have this big, stupid grin on my face after last night. So in answer to the question
    'How are you feeling?' the answer is f*cking brilliant

hezzlington

ReputationRep:
    well damn ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)

I went on a date last night with a guy and we got on so amazingly well. He's very handsome, French, well-educated, multi-lingual (like eight languages) and he's 6'5 (I'm 5'8). He's very French in the sense that he's comfortable with public displays of affection. Last night we caught up in central London and went for an explore on foot around a historical area (the Inns of Court), then found a local pub and had a few drinks, then decided to press on to have dinner together which we did after finding a local restaurant. Then neither of us wanted to call it a night so we pressed on to another pub and had a few more drinks.

Sitting at our table in the pub he leaned forward, gazing into my eyes and clasping my hands inside his (huge and sexy hands; large because he's tall but delicate like a surgeon's). And when we were walking between restaurant and pub and we walked past some stairs, we stopped there and I got up onto the first step and he stayed on the ground so we could kiss at the same height He also was super confident and comfortable about kissing me, about holding my hand in public, in that sort-of way of French men.

It was just like perfect chemistry, I still have this big, stupid grin on my face after last night. So in answer to the question

hezzlington
    congratulations man

ReputationRep:

hezzlington
    I wish I was tall and french. Sounds like an awesome date. I'm glad it went well! Second date planned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    congratulations man
    Thanks! What I like about it is that we're both completely on the same wavelength, we've both said in person and on whatsapp that we really fancy each other and want to hang out a heck of a lot more.

Usually I go on a date with a guy a few times, it either works or it doesn't but both are really careful not to seem too keen (desperate), I don't know if it's a cultural thing but it's like he knows what he wants (me) and he's not afraid to just go and have it.

We decided to skip more dates and just slide directly into sleepovers (catch up after work at my / his place, cook dinner together, glass of wine, boxset) rather than piss about trying to work out whether we fancy each other enough to do that (we obviously do).

I don't think I've had a date that worked this well since my last long-term bf, so I'm feeling very happy indeed.

What about you? How was your weekend mate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    I wish I was tall and french. Sounds like an awesome date. I'm glad it went well! Second date planned?
    We decided to skip further dates and just go straight to sleepovers (i.e. meet at his place or my place after work, cook dinner together, glass of wine, boxset or scrabble etc). The audition is over, so to speak; we both realise we fancy the pants off each other and there's no point pissing about (although we are both foodies and love eating out so we'll go on more dates of course).

But we have to wait until the Monday a week after tomorrow for a night we're both free. But we do have a lunch date on Thursday, he's going to come to where I work and take me out for lunch.

I kind-of like this. I'm a pretty masculine (ugh I hate the term straight-acting, but whatever.. that) guy and all the relationships I've been in I've been with guys who are like that, and we just take a kind-of equal approach to things. But in this, he's a couple of years older and a heck of a lot taller, and he has this French approach where it's almost like he's wooing me I guess, and I'm like, "****, I like this. Pretty awesome" It's like he knows what he wants (me) and he's just going to have it. I approve lol

ReputationRep:

hezzlington
    Aw

Spoiler:
    Show

I puked.
    how nauseating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KittenMediaya)
    Think c***o is getting to me 😳😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sweetie you got this :hugs:
    You're a lovely kitten
    😘

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sg4)
    I puked.
    how nauseating.
    I guess you're like this woman (see video)

ReputationRep:
    I am currently feeling with my hands

ReputationRep:

hezzlington
    Wow, waiting for my time to come :/

ReputationRep:
    I guess you're like this woman (see video)

Do you think you've offended me?

Also why do you feel the need to display your affection? nobody wants to gag on the street.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Sweetie you got this :hugs:
    You're a lovely kitten
    😘
    Dont think
    Trynna distract myself but its not working

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sg4)
    Obviously I have, you're getting extremely upset and butthurt :lol:

Also why do you feel the need to display your affection?
    You know, when I see a couple (of any sexual orientation, straight or lesbian or gay) holding hands or kissing, I saw, "D'aww, bless 'em". I'm not like an embittered 60 year old who goes, "Gahh, I hate those young people having a good time and being affectionate with one another". Generally the only people who get angry at other people being affectionate with one another are people who are quite unhappy about their own situation and who have a deficit of affection in their own life.

nobody wants to gag on the street.
    The only person who was gagging was you, and the reason you're gagging is because you're very unhappy and lonely and seeing other people being affectionate reminds you of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fermion.)
    Wow, waiting for my time to come :/
    There's someone out there for everyone (more than one, in fact). Just have to look in the right place. I'm sure there's a tall, handsome French dude (or whatever your preferred nationality) out there waiting to meet you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sg4)

Also why do you feel the need to display your affection? nobody wants to gag on the street.
    :lol: I note your profile says you are "Extremely straight". No question you're a very lonely person.

ReputationRep:
    :lol: I note your profile says you are "Extremely straight". No question you're a very lonely person.
    You're 100% correct.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously I have, you're getting extremely upset and butthurt :lol:

You know, when I see a couple (of any sexual orientation, straight or lesbian or gay) holding hands or kissing, I saw, "D'aww, bless 'em". I'm not like an embittered 60 year old who goes, "Gahh, I hate those young people having a good time and being affectionate with one another". Generally the only people who get angry at other people being affectionate with one another are people who are quite unhappy about their own situation and who have a deficit of affection in their own life.

The only person who was gagging was you, and the reason you're gagging is because you're very unhappy and lonely and seeing other people being affectionate reminds you of that.
    The last time I was "extremely upset" was when my pet died.

Is that the only argument you have lol?

I think you should be careful. If I want I'll steal your "sexy french man" and he'll never look at you again.
    Don't worry though, I wouldn't go that far since its clear you'll always need a man to validate you, so you know your worth and for you to be happy which must be the worst thing in this life, a terrible curse.

"you're very unhappy and lonely and seeing other people being affectionate reminds you of that" ROFL are you a shrink? remove your pseudoscience bullsh"t from this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sg4)
    I think you should be careful. If I want I'll steal your "sexy french man" and he'll never look at you again.
    I don't think he'd find an unhappy, embittered, insecure little man particularly attractive, so I think I'm okay

ReputationRep:
    My self-worth is incredibly fragile and unhealthy. I oscilate between Narcissism and absurd degrees of self loathing. I can't seem to just be rational and reasonable when it comes to my own capabilities. It is all or nothing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.