The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CoolCavy
Feel like my nose and throat are on fire. what great timing this is
but yknow ill go to school as normal and have only one useful lesson and be ignored in the other one cos she dont care that im even in the room lol. least it's the last week

just one more week of lessons, then get through exams and your free :hugs:
Original post by 2684719
Feeling good, for once :h:

Spoiler

Feeling like a bad cat mum :frown:

I bought my cats their usual cat food yesterday and wondered why they weren't eating much of it and I put it down to the heat since it was roasting here yesterday but this morning I had actually looked at the tin and seen it was dog food instead :facepalm: My cats fave cat food is Asda's Tiger brand and their version of the dog food looks the exact same except for a small pic of a dog on the front and the case I picked up the other day was in the bloody cat section, not the dog section. Ah well, they have their cat food now and I bought them some fish to make it up to them but I think I am still in the bad books :colondollar: I'll donate the dog food to my local SSPCA centre :yep:
Worried.
Worrying about Moon also.
I just feel empty and yet again very disillusioned with university. I can't bring myself to revise, it just feels pointless. Definitions have a lifespan of a couple of days in my head; I spend time focusing on one module rather than another and bam, everything I learned just falls through the cracks. Probably a matter of lifelong poor technique, but it's worked for me so far, so who knows. I've done basically all the papers and there's pretty much nothing fresh for me to practice in most cases. The exam I revised most for in the first batch I absolutely screwed up, while I could be looking at 90+ in one that I didn't even learn all the content in. It all seems arbitrary and random.

And what's really the best outcome for me at this point? Sure I could boss these exams and get a score in the 80s again. But how much does that really do for my life? I know I can probably get over the 65 line with minimal effort, and that's all I really need. I suppose the idea is to make it easier to get a first in the long run. But what's so good about that either? Would be better to have a 2:1 plus some actual life skills. I have no plans for the Summer, no internship, not even any chance of a crappy Summer job considering where I live and my lack of experience.
Tired
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I just feel empty and yet again very disillusioned with university. I can't bring myself to revise, it just feels pointless. Definitions have a lifespan of a couple of days in my head; I spend time focusing on one module rather than another and bam, everything I learned just falls through the cracks. Probably a matter of lifelong poor technique, but it's worked for me so far, so who knows. I've done basically all the papers and there's pretty much nothing fresh for me to practice in most cases. The exam I revised most for in the first batch I absolutely screwed up, while I could be looking at 90+ in one that I didn't even learn all the content in. It all seems arbitrary and random.

And what's really the best outcome for me at this point? Sure I could boss these exams and get a score in the 80s again. But how much does that really do for my life? I know I can probably get over the 65 line with minimal effort, and that's all I really need. I suppose the idea is to make it easier to get a first in the long run. But what's so good about that either? Would be better to have a 2:1 plus some actual life skills. I have no plans for the Summer, no internship, not even any chance of a crappy Summer job considering where I live and my lack of experience.

On the plus side, you'll have no problem identifying Lebesgue-Stieltjes measures and can almost certainly count to a squillion.
Stressed because for the first time in my life (apart from exams), I am without my music!
Can't focus on anything without music!
GCSE. Bye.
just wish this virus would Go Away. :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Original post by chelseafreak
just one more week of lessons, then get through exams and your free :hugs:

it's like the last mountain top of DofE :rofl: ty CF :hugs:

-------
feel like ive swallowed glass, im sweating so much as well and feel horrible :s-smilie:
@Airmed im blaming you for this :colonhash:

Spoiler

Anxious... scared... worrried
Not knowing is so hard.

-------
feel like ive swallowed glass, im sweating so much as well and feel horrible :s-smilie:

Spoiler

I passed my germs through messages :tongue:

:jumphug:

Naw, still feel pretty crappy tbh, my throat hurts so much.

-------

Spoiler

do you feel ill as well? :s-smilie:
Original post by Airmed

u did :sad: and then i gave it to anon :emo: i hope ur satisfied with urself :indiff:

:lovehug: awwww airmed :frown: pls get well soon :cube: tesco do nice honey lozengaes cos strepsils taste gross if that is any help :blushing:

Original post by bizzy_penguin
do you feel ill as well? :s-smilie:

i do :redface: i think the germs must just go 'EXAMS' and choose this excellent moment to invade :battle:
hope u feel better soon :hugs:
Original post by Airmed

u did :sad: and then i gave it to anon :emo: i hope ur satisfied with urself :indiff:

:lovehug: awwww airmed :frown: pls get well soon :cube: tesco do nice honey lozengaes cos strepsils taste gross if that is any help :blushing:

i do :redface: i think the germs must just go 'EXAMS' and choose this excellent moment to invade :battle:
hope u feel better soon :hugs:

:smile: hope you both get well soon :smile:
fishfingers are nicer than normal
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42

I feel the same way sometimes. Perhaps you could do random questions from textbooks to mix it up a little? Try not to think about the pointlessness of life during exams. Focus on the present for now. Good luck for the exams :smile:
nooooooooooooooooo :s-smilie: :s-smilie::s-smilie:
dear neighbour
please stop mowing the lawn. :frown:
sincerely,
Headache.
Annoyed. Broke my phone :banghead:
Like I NEED distractions

Latest