Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just feel empty and yet again very disillusioned with university. I can't bring myself to revise, it just feels pointless. Definitions have a lifespan of a couple of days in my head; I spend time focusing on one module rather than another and bam, everything I learned just falls through the cracks. Probably a matter of lifelong poor technique, but it's worked for me so far, so who knows. I've done basically all the papers and there's pretty much nothing fresh for me to practice in most cases. The exam I revised most for in the first batch I absolutely screwed up, while I could be looking at 90+ in one that I didn't even learn all the content in. It all seems arbitrary and random.

And what's really the best outcome for me at this point? Sure I could boss these exams and get a score in the 80s again. But how much does that really do for my life? I know I can probably get over the 65 line with minimal effort, and that's all I really need. I suppose the idea is to make it easier to get a first in the long run. But what's so good about that either? Would be better to have a 2:1 plus some actual life skills. I have no plans for the Summer, no internship, not even any chance of a crappy Summer job considering where I live and my lack of experience.

ReputationRep:
    Tired
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I just feel empty and yet again very disillusioned with university. I can't bring myself to revise, it just feels pointless. Definitions have a lifespan of a couple of days in my head; I spend time focusing on one module rather than another and bam, everything I learned just falls through the cracks. Probably a matter of lifelong poor technique, but it's worked for me so far, so who knows. I've done basically all the papers and there's pretty much nothing fresh for me to practice in most cases. The exam I revised most for in the first batch I absolutely screwed up, while I could be looking at 90+ in one that I didn't even learn all the content in. It all seems arbitrary and random.

And what's really the best outcome for me at this point? Sure I could boss these exams and get a score in the 80s again. But how much does that really do for my life? I know I can probably get over the 65 line with minimal effort, and that's all I really need. I suppose the idea is to make it easier to get a first in the long run. But what's so good about that either? Would be better to have a 2:1 plus some actual life skills. I have no plans for the Summer, no internship, not even any chance of a crappy Summer job considering where I live and my lack of experience.

On the plus side, you'll have no problem identifying Lebesgue-Stieltjes measures and can almost certainly count to a squillion.

ReputationRep:
    Stressed because for the first time in my life (apart from exams), I am without my music!
    Can't focus on anything without music!

ReputationRep:
    GCSE. Bye.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    just wish this virus would Go Away.
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by chelseafreak)
    just one more week of lessons, then get through exams and your free :hugs:
    it's like the last mountain top of DofE :rofl: ty CF :hugs:

-------
    feel like ive swallowed glass, im sweating so much as well and feel horrible
    Airmed im blaming you for this
    Spoiler:
    Show

jk i hope u feel better than yesterday :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    Anxious... scared... worrried
    Not knowing is so hard.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)

-------
    Spoiler:
    Show

I passed my germs through messages

:jumphug:

Naw, still feel pretty crappy tbh, my throat hurts so much.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

-------
    Spoiler:
    Show

do you feel ill as well?
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Airmed)

u did :sad: and then i gave it to anon :emo: i hope ur satisfied with urself :indiff:

:lovehug: awwww airmed pls get well soon :cube: tesco do nice honey lozengaes cos strepsils taste gross if that is any help :blushing:

(Original post by bizzy_penguin)
    do you feel ill as well?
    i do i think the germs must just go 'EXAMS' and choose this excellent moment to invade :battle:
    hope u feel better soon :hugs:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)

u did :sad: and then i gave it to anon :emo: i hope ur satisfied with urself :indiff:

:lovehug: awwww airmed pls get well soon :cube: tesco do nice honey lozengaes cos strepsils taste gross if that is any help :blushing:

i do i think the germs must just go 'EXAMS' and choose this excellent moment to invade :battle:
    hope u feel better soon :hugs:
    hope you both get well soon
    fishfingers are nicer than normal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)

I feel the same way sometimes. Perhaps you could do random questions from textbooks to mix it up a little? Try not to think about the pointlessness of life during exams. Focus on the present for now. Good luck for the exams
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    nooooooooooooooooo
    dear neighbour
    please stop mowing the lawn.
    sincerely,
    Headache.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Annoyed. Broke my phone :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    Like I NEED distractions

ReputationRep:
    My bum is sore from cycling a lot in the gym loool

ReputationRep:
    exams have me so shook, hope everyones exams go good tho xoo
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    good luck!!!!!, do you have many exams this year?

had hayfever last yr - its was terrible

exams?

oh nooooo, if there any chance you can push the boulder over the hill once and for all power on , but maybe talk to other ppl about your boulder and if there are any other ways to deal with it? :hugs:

dont worry just have some re...prsom oh ok

ReputationRep:
    Ugh nurses are so adorable u gotta love em

ReputationRep:
    ugh why is it every time i try to do my work my mum thinks its okay to be really loud and distracting

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.