Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can't sleep, feeling sad because of all the overthinking I do at this time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fermion.)
    Can't sleep, feeling sad because of all the overthinking I do at this time
    :hugs: here if you want to talk

ReputationRep:
    I really just want this exam to be over and done with then one last exam more to freedom!!!

ReputationRep:
    Cold, lonely and empty, which Is a bit weird as my football team has just won a major trophy. But I'm sat here like meh.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Dead inside. The usual, kinda getting tired of it though. i wanna feel alive and full of emotions

ReputationRep:
    I was gonna go out with someone today but everytime we make plans they cancel. Fed up.

ReputationRep:
    Scared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fermion.)
    so tired from my workout, sore in every part of my body 😫
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    urgh whatever this is is in full flow, my ears are hurting now too cos i swear my ear drums are made of tissue paper and hurt at the earliest availability opportunity
    hope i sleep better tonight cos had one of the sitting up dreams which i havent acc had since the fire devil goat sitting up dream but it's still disrupting nonetheless
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    :hugs:
    (Original post by Reshyna)
    Terribly tired
    I feel like I wanna sleep but it's gonna be noon in 13 minutes
    Freezing to death at the same time
    I want to listen to music
    But I'm feeling anxious, and having panic attacks, I just don't know why
    Spoiler:
    Show

Fifi sis, starfab, thanks for the help actually coz everytime I get panic attacks, I do what you told me to, and it helps me

(Original post by wolfmoon88)
    :hugs::console: here to talk as well if you need it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    You know you're old when the highlight of your day - by a significant margin - is buying a quite nice loaf of bread :lol:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Blue.
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Powder blue is the dream :moon:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    yESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    Mr Esteemed Jellyfish, Lord High Section Leader of the student room :zomg::adore::hat2:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    The weather is nice & sunny where I am, would go out but I have work to do
    wow this place is quite down. people talk here when depressed.

except for byronic hero congrats on the loaf!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)

Blue was actually a reference to my new username colour, and the promotion that goes with it. :proud:

...though I did prefer ST purple.
    • Welcome Squad

emotional :blushing:
    started to cry when people were saying such nice things and when my teachers said to me that they were proud of me
    idk why i said to myself i wouldnt cry but i didnt realise ppl thought so much of me :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I almost died on my bike and had to stop multiple times in the hills. Its to hot man.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    :cry2: So proud of you CoolCavyCoolCavy :lovehug: You can do this :yep:

(Original post by CoolCavy)
    emotional :blushing:
    started to cry when people were saying such nice things and when my teachers said to me that they were proud of me
    idk why i said to myself i wouldnt cry but i didnt realise ppl thought so much of me :sad:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Soooooooo happy and excitable because of this weather :excited:

Also I managed to get the confidence to wear shorts today for the first time in genuinely about 4 years so like, that's pretty awesome too :thumbsup:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:

Mate I'm always sad

(Original post by Protostar)
    Soooooooo happy and excitable because of this weather :excited:

Also I managed to get the confidence to wear shorts today for the first time in genuinely about 4 years so like, that's pretty awesome too :thumbsup:
    Down with this weather :cry2:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Down with this weather :cry2:
    Down with sunshine haters :mob:
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:

Thanks, it really was rather glorious.

I'm broken.
      Almost two weeks into my six week placement and... I'm hating it. I have cried most nights. I am forcing myself to write this message because I need people to see how I feel. I've been trying to find the energy to write this for week. I can't tell my mum because she will be so disappointed. Nearly a month ago I finally messaged my university counseling service and I'm still waiting on an appointment and might not get one because the only time I can go is in half term next week.

I'm crying as I write this. I feel sick all the time. Sick from paralysing tiredness, and sick from the feelings of disappointment and shame that I am not enjoying what I'm doing and that I'm a failure. I feel very depressed and so low and worried all the time. I broke down when I was alone in the classroom today because my teacher asked if I wanted to do a three lesson progression in English on poems the week after half term, and I felt so hopeless. I don't have a clue. She printed me off some plans from the internet but it feels like cheating and reading someone else's work means nothing, it's just words, lots and lots of words.

I spent 3 years working in a school before uni and really thought it was what I wanted to do. Now I'm here, in my first year, and I have lost all enthusiasm. I realised this a week into placement, and over the last few days I'm thinking that I don't even want to work with children anymore.
      I had my first whole lesson observation yesterday which actually went okay and I got good feedback, but it hasn't made me feel any different.

I hate lesson planning. I'm **** at managing children. Everything makes me so stressed and all I want to do when I get home is chill out. But I can't, because I'm teaching the next day and have to spend all night preparing and worrying. And I'm only doing one lesson a day! I find it very hard to act out of my extremely 'passive' and gentle natural state. I'm not a leader. I've always been a sheep and I think I want to stay that way. I thought I'd find the extra work of teaching fine because I was going to live in a house on my own and I thought it would give me something to do in the evenings, but it doesn't work like that, I've found. I'm so exhausted in the evenings that I can barely move.

I've been considering options ... from dropped out of uni after first year and applying to jobs instead, cleaning or TAing or retail.
      Or switching my course to a simple childcare one, perhaps study for the L3 ta course alongside, finishing uni, and then applying to TA jobs.
      Or sticking through this degree to the end and then not doing the QTS year.

If I drop out of uni, I'm letting so many people down. My friends at the house I'm supposed to be sharing with, my mum, Chris, and most importantly myself. All the work I did to get here. The nearly £300 I asked my mum to spend on the Catholic certificate so that I could teach in a Catholic school/widen my options. Everything. I wanted a degree, I wanted the status of a teacher, I wanted to look after children as I knew I would personally never have my own. But I think I've changed my mind. I'm longing and longing and longing to just start a normal job that you go in, do, then come home and don't think about til the next day. Chris has said he won't let me visit him anymore if I drop out. He says I always take the easy way out. But I am so unhappy. I can't teach. I don't even know if I want to be a TA. I ****ing hate having responsibility. That's the truth. I want to be free and unworried and unstressed.

I'm desperate to call my mum and talk about it but I CAN'T BEAR to break the news to her. I know she'd want to help me but I don't want to ruin her image of being successful. :cry: I wanted to impress her, I wanted to impress Chris, I wanted to impress everybody and feel proud of myself and my degree and my job. But I can't ignore my feelings. I am so unhappy.
      Uni aren't getting back to me with help and I can't tell my class teacher or tutors because I don't want them to judge me for not liking their profession.

I need some life advice desperately. Or some divine intervention. If I could press a button to end my life, I would.
      I CAN'T LIVE THIS LIE! :bawling:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
      xx
      Hey...! Stop thinking of anything you need to relax right now :hugs: hope you will be okay :console:
      PM if you feel like

Posted from TSR Mobile
      • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
      Chuffed, I bought a nice TV for £1. It was on sale in a shop window that said TV: £1. Volume stuck on full and I thought 'I can't turn that down'.
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      went to the doctors to pick up blood results turned out i went on the wrong day and felt like a right idiot
      flu is still visiting me too

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.