(Original post by Airmed)
    Spoiler:
    Show

I went on my first ever date today and it was...brilliant
    Share the details.

Got a few coming up. Nervous tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Feeling demotivated. Messed up my exam. I am apparently retarded enough to not know how to prove the statement 'A or not A' even after 10 mins of thought, which could've been spent correcting my worst mistake which was in translations (this was a logic exam) where I completely forgot to use a certain one of the symbols given in every sentence. Funnily enough I miraculously managed to do a whole proof I was stuck on for ages in literally the last half a minute of the exam, which apparently 'no one could do' (or so I heard from the post-exam chatter). But still a bad performance.

So that's my first year mark out the window.
    I mean by the sounds of it you could still get in like the high 80s. It's just the one proof and then I don't even know if they'd penalise the same translation error multiple times. If they did, you'd probably only lose like 1/4 of the marks from that anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I mean by the sounds of it you could still get in like the high 80s. It's just the one proof and then I don't even know if they'd penalise the same translation error multiple times. If they did, you'd probably only lose like 1/4 of the marks from that anyway.
    Maybe, but high 80s is still quite bad for a 15 CAT 'easy' module...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    Share the details.

Got a few coming up. Nervous tbh.
    It was nothing especially fancy, just coffee, but it was just ridiculously nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenofswords)
    Very happy and at peace with myself

I secured my dream job today.
    What job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    What job?
    Civil servant

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, but high 80s is still quite bad for a 15 CAT 'easy' module...
    Sure you may have hoped for better, but it's not going to change the characteristic of your grade, i.e. say you got 10% more, well, that'd be 1.5 more CATS worth of credit, adding 1.25% to your score, assuming that your final module selection is of minimal size. You can certainly put this down to a bad day and it doesn't really reflect on your ability at all.

ReputationRep:
    Sure you may have hoped for better, but it's not going to change the characteristic of your grade, i.e. say you got 10% more, well, that'd be 1.5 more CATS worth of credit, adding 1.25% to your score, assuming that your final module selection is of minimal size. You can certainly put this down to a bad day and it doesn't really reflect on your ability at all.
    Eh, I guess that's true. I'd say I can make up with Analysis, G&M and Discrete Maths but the latter is very volatile, could go ok or horribly.

Btw could you help with a quick analysis Q? I'm guessing it's trivial, but for some reason I've forgot all about series convergence or something:

2.(d) 'Deduce that...' http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/ma...31-2014-ws.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenofswords)
    Civil servant
    Hard work pays off.

Delighted for yeh tbh. Glad the tide has turned for yeh.

ReputationRep:
    Eh, I guess that's true. I'd say I can make up with Analysis, G&M and Discrete Maths but the latter is very volatile, could go ok or horribly.

Btw could you help with a quick analysis Q? I'm guessing it's trivial, but for some reason I've forgot all about series convergence or something:

2.(d) 'Deduce that...' http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/ma...31-2014-ws.pdf
    Think you just show that it's Cauchy via comparison with the geometric series.

ReputationRep:
    Aha I forgot that Cauchy sequences were a thing, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    happy, stable and in love xxxx
    i hope you're all having a pleasant day x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    in pain
    my back always hurts and has been for about a month now and my whole pelvis just feels like it's burning and like my legs dont fit into their sockets properly
    tbh i feel like im just disintegrating lately
    sorry to hear this, hope it gets sorted soon :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    K I've tried triangle inequality and all but I can't show that the right side of |x_n-x_m| <... becomes arbitrarily small for arbitrarily large n,m. Do you mind telling me how to do it? Sorry to be a bother but there are no solutions and I'm worried something similar will come up tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    K I've tried triangle inequality and all but I can't show that the right side of |x_n-x_m| <... becomes arbitrarily small for arbitrarily large n,m. Do you mind telling me how to do it? Sorry to be a bother but there are no solutions and I'm worried something similar will come up tomorrow.
    The RHS is (might be n-1 in the upper but it doesn't really matter)  \displaystyle \vert x_0 - x_1 \vert \sum_{k=m}^n \alpha^k &lt; \sum_{k=m}^\infty \alpha^k which necessarily tends to zero as m goes to infinity (so of course as m and n do) since it is the remainder sum of a convergent series.

ReputationRep:
    Dragging myself through revision, and unhealthily procrastinating, but what else is new

ReputationRep:
    Doing unproductive things that are productive. I should be revising but a few filthy frank video's here and there won't hurt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -TheMockingJay-)
    Doing unproductive things that are productive. I should be revising but a few filthy frank video's here and there won't hurt.
    ravioli ravioli give me the death i deservioli

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.