• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goaded)
    Smh date me
    I will bby :love:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KEC_Rob)
    Comsat Angels and The Sound need a listen. Adrian Borland is one of my inspirations and a tragic figure plagued so badly by his thoughts and later on his schizophrenia that he threw himself in front of a train.. . Neither were commercially successful and I wouldn't be at all surprised if you hadn't came across either but check them out. Maybe The Teardrop Explode and And Also The Trees would also be good for you... Sad Lovers And Giants, Pere Ubu, RLYL and the list goes on.

Happy listening.
    Again, am familiar with The Comsat Angels Have heard Waiting for a Miracle, Sleep No more and Fiction.
    I gave The Sound a go but I found them too dark. I've stepped away from Joy Division for the same reason.
    Yes, I knew that Adrian Borland sadly died...

I'm familiar with Sad Lovers - have heard from Epic Garden Music to Treehouse Poetry. Love all that post-punk stuff.
    And I've listened to Killamanjaro - need to give it some more listens haha.
    Pere Ubu - had a brief go but may revisit them one day.

The House of Love are one of my current bands at the moment
    Fantastic music.

I don't really go with all the commercially successful stuff I love the more obscure, underrated stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lottiemorton2)
    lonely
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    Cheers for the help.

You and firefreezer should go on a date. Two problems shared and solved.

Okay I am not the man to help yeh with this but I can try.

Pm me your details and Il try help yeh out.
    FireFreezer77 I would so go on a date with you, if it wasnt for the big distance! Dont give up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fermion.)
    FireFreezer77 I would so go on a date with you, if it wasnt for the big distance! Dont give up
    Aww really?:blush:
    What makes you say that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KittenMediaya)
    Like i'm about to throw up after so much crying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn
    :console:
    :hugs::lovehug::jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    You'll find that person that values and loves you for you.
    You're both lovely … you just need to find the girl who's right for you xx
    It will come in time, just don't stress x
    :jumphug: x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Better/clearer profile pics?

r/okcupid are helpful, they'll provide with a critique if you post your profile. That's good that you mention an interest to message them, sounds like you're doing things right. What sort of girls are you messaging though? If it's always the 9 or 10/10s then you stand less chance since they're always flooded with messages.
    I think that's the weak spot tbh. I don't have any decent images of me. But the ones on there are clear and you can defo see me. But I'm just not good looking, and the pictures don't help that (I honestly believe I look better in person than in photos).

I'll have a look there when i get home, see what they say about things.
    I've done research on what to say in the first message, i try to be different but be myself too.
    The ones who have similar interests with a high match percentage.
    No its not 9/10s, i look more for the personality than anything tbh. I message people i genuinely believe i would connect with, not the hot girls.
    Precisely, there's no point is there.

I admit i have been using POF more but haven't had any replies at all from there, had more profile views though

ReputationRep:
    Im alright, a bit stressed about Alvl Psychology in a couple of hours ! idk what im doing on here lmao

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Defeated.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Download festival in 2 damn days! I am stupendously excited :excited:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KittenMediaya)
    Like i'm on the edge of giving up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Together close or far :five:

(Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    Defeated.
    • Welcome Squad

Pretty awful, feel like i have spiralled mentally although if u looked at me from the outside you probably wouldn't see it cos i lurch from different emotions inside but don't show it as much on the outside until it all gets too much and i burst.
    Last night was ****
    couldn't sleep till 5ish because of anxiety, managed to get that under control slightly by doing some techniques. Anxiety still high when i eventually fell asleep though hence the *****y dreams and disrupted sleep.
    Meh gonna revise since no-one is around and this site isn't helping anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    Pretty awful, feel like i have spiralled mentally although if u looked at me from the outside you probably wouldn't see it cos i lurch from different emotions inside but don't show it as much on the outside until it all gets too much and i burst.
    Last night was ****
    couldn't sleep till 5ish because of anxiety, managed to get that under control slightly by doing some techniques. Anxiety still high when i eventually fell asleep though hence the *****y dreams and disrupted sleep.
    Meh gonna revise since no-one is around and this site isn't helping anyway
    I know we've not really spoken, but if you're ever looking for someone to listen to you...well, I'm here for ya.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Aww really?:blush:
    What makes you say that?
    You seem like a really nice and genuine guy. Obviously its not your fault girls dont see that, and you like cars, I love cars too so we have something in common already. Also, girls in this generation are ridiculous they have such high expectations

Your time will come eventually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fermion.)
    You seem like a really nice and genuine guy. Obviously its not your fault girls dont see that, and you like cars, I love cars too so we have something in common already. Also, girls in this generation are ridiculous they have such high expectations

Your time will come eventually.
    Aww thankyou! That means a lot to me :blush:
    Well i guess not but I'm not very good looking so i think that has something to do with it.
    WHAT!!!! :excited::woo: YOURE AWESOME!!!
    Cars ftw!!!!!
    Yeah i thought they did tbh, sucks :cry2: Hurts a lot at times when they chose the hot douchebag over me and complain when he treats them like ****. They wanted a nice guy so hey chose the ******* *facepalm*

I hope so, as will yours!
    You're a lovely young lady who is very pretty indeed with a great personality from what I've seen :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't be happier with my life right now I have changed from what I was a few years ago and now I am me and I'm finally following a path that I like.

That being said, if anyone is ever feeling in a worse off place I am here nearly all day everyday(to some extent) to be of any support or friendship or someone to just talk to. I always love a chat and will discuss anything.

I'm not judgemental and I'm a good listener (or so I've been told ) and I can whole heartedly promise to keep anything confidential

Hope everyone has an amazing as possible day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kraggor)
    I couldn't be happier with my life right now I have changed from what I was a few years ago and now I am me and I'm finally following a path that I like.

That being said, if anyone is ever feeling in a worse off place I am here nearly all day everyday(to some extent) to be of any support or friendship or someone to just talk to. I always love a chat and will discuss anything.

I'm not judgemental and I'm a good listener (or so I've been told ) and I can whole heartedly promise to keep anything confidential

Hope everyone has an amazing as possible day!
    TSR doesn't seem to be letting me rep people (not sure if it's the same for others) or it seems to be really slow to process the command of me repping someone...I don't know haha. It's being weird anyway.

Anyway if I would rep this post if I could Thank you for posting it.
    It's nice to see such positivity.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.