Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Numb. Wish I hadn't woken up
    Don't say that :cube::hugs::penguinhug: we care. If one person says they don't, doesn't mean others do not either. Please sweetie, clear your mind and talk to someone. Just a bit....talk to me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fermion.)
    dead inside
    :hugs:
    • Welcome Squad

well that was enjoyable as ever.
    think i hit my arm on the wall in my sleep cos my elbow rlly hurts now lol

lol i am going out :flybye:

ReputationRep:
    Second year results coming in at some undisclosed time tomorrow. It sucks knowing that even the absolute best I could hope for isn't that great, and that I could be looking at an extremely disappointing mark. Every year until now since GCSE I've been able to spring off my results, take something positive of them. Now this year, I'm going to get a slap in the face from them. It's not like I didn't work hard at all. It's just I didn't work smart. Constantly multitasking while revising. Starting revising too late. And my exam technique...abysmal. Never been worse. I just fell apart in so many exams, even if objectively the questions were fine. It could be worse. I could have totally bottled it and be looking at a 2:2 or something, or be off the MMath. It's very unlikely that something like that will happen. But it's not really about that. At every stage of education I've always wanted to far exceed the necessary baseline. It's not going to happen this time. I'm not sure if it means I'm not smart enough. I can't really tell if it would have made a huge difference in the actual exams had I worked better. So often I've worked a lot for an exam and reaped no relative rewards, and so often I've done very little work and been fine. I literally 100% know that's not the case this time, judging by things I missed out, answers which were obviously wrong, and the like.

ReputationRep:
    Done for this academic year.
    I celebrated by being in town for 7 hours which has made me tired
    Need to go to some theme park now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc_123_)
    No baby :cry2: x you're such a lovely person, I don't want you to sleep forever :sad: x life is **** at times but there's so much opportunity for great things to happen, you might bump into a girl and fall in love. Something great is gonna happen, you just have to hold on until it does :hugs: x

Good luck xx I'm sure it's gonna go great xx
    I'm still awake
    Sometimes I just feel like I wanna sleep forever tbh It just never seems to happen.
    Life is very **** at times but I guess there's not a lot that can be done
    I hope those good things happen I can't see it being anytime soon tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    I'm still awake
    Sometimes I just feel like I wanna sleep forever tbh It just never seems to happen.
    Life is very **** at times but I guess there's not a lot that can be done
    I hope those good things happen I can't see it being anytime soon tho
    Aww I'm still awake too hun :hugs: x
    I know it can be **** xx You just have to try and make everything as great as it can be x You're a lovely guy :jumphugs: x

ReputationRep:
    One of the worst days I've had in a long time, not a single thing going my way apart from golf swing :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LunaCat)
    Don't say that :cube::hugs::penguinhug: we care. If one person says they don't, doesn't mean others do not either. Please sweetie, clear your mind and talk to someone. Just a bit....talk to me?
    And all the hugs back at you Bahahah i can be lazy.
    I know you care.
    Mind cleared dw

ReputationRep:
    Oxford was really lovely and all but there is no way I can do engineering. Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc_123_)
    Aww I'm still awake too hun :hugs: x
    I know it can be **** xx You just have to try and make everything as great as it can be x You're a lovely guy :jumphugs: x
    Naughty girl, you should be sleeping Jks
    It can be very **** at times unfortunately
    I'll do my best but its hard to gather the motivation to even think about doing something :/
    Aww thankyou :blush:

ReputationRep:
    for the last couple of days i've felt this odd empty sort of... echoing loneliness, and i don't know what to do about it. it's the kind of quiet sadness that makes your hollows ache. it's an uncomfortable sadness and a sore loneliness that i don't really understand or know what to do with.

ReputationRep:
    So my second year results came in and I basically matched last year with 86. Very surprising. I'm pleased, of course, but all the same problems in my life still exist. It's just good that I have managed to cling on, if not to any impressive extent, to one of my few "life skills", being good at exams. Now to figure out what the hell to do in the holidays. Or maybe I'll just continue playing games on Steam and Origin. It's killed the boredom, at least, even if I am currently a waste of space.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    So my second year results came in and I basically matched last year with 86. Very surprising. I'm pleased, of course, but all the same problems in my life still exist. It's just good that I have managed to cling on, if not to any impressive extent, to one of my few "life skills", being good at exams. Now to figure out what the hell to do in the holidays. Or maybe I'll just continue playing games on Steam and Origin. It's killed the boredom, at least, even if I am currently a waste of space.
    Given the year you've had, that is an incredible result!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    Lol this is never gonna stop and idk if waking up was much better cos now i just feel like im being kicked in my tummy even though my last one was 19 days ago

on the plus something exciting is happening tomorrow :woo: and nothing is gonna stop me enjoying it
    I wish I had this much excitement.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Have a nice time though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    Given the year you've had, that is an incredible result!
    Meh. I'm sure the average is a lot lower, and the circle of people I know on the course is skewed result-wise, but so far the results I've heard have been better or similar. It's just an easy course considering the cohort, and they scaled a load of marks. It's still a perfectly good mark for basically all purposes, but there's not much pride to be had in it.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    Oxford was really lovely and all but there is no way I can do engineering. Ugh.
    Why not? What's preventing you from doing so?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Congratulations! :bumps: Holidays usually suck for the question of what do I do next? At least you can do whatever you want now knowing that you scored really good in the end! You can game worry free now, you're not a waste of space.

When your mum's got builders in and she decides to sit upstairs where she can't hear them shouting for her, so I have to leave my comfy corner and tell the builder that I'll go and look for her -
      doesn't sound like a big deal, right?

Bearing in mind I was wearing old school PE shorts and a tight fitting t-shirt with no bra, with my hair pulled back into a very messy bun and no make up on. So out I come, breasts a-bouncing, face a-naked and looking like a tramp.

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
      I feel sick after hearing that Bradley Lowery has passed away 😭. RIP little man. If you don't know about him you should read up about him. Inspirational little kid.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.