Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sal-97)
    Hi whoever is reading this and could possibly help.
    I am currently studying in my last year of A levels 2/3 of my Subjects being linear and for Maths i will resit my modules (all from AS) so its pretty much also a linear structure for me. Therefore I have to do:
    AS & A2 Chemistry.
    AS & A2 Art 60% CW and 40% exam which I have recently started.
    And AS & A2 Maths.
    All which will be sat in May and June .
    The problem is right know because of Schools force-fed timetable and strict attendance and inconsistent teaching approach (too fast and too slow at places ) and majority of my procrastination due to a perfectionist approach I have not learned Jack and by Jack I mean anything in school. This is because I immediately want to know why and how instead of accepting how it is and sometimes my teachers are not fit to satisfy these questions also because they have a whole class to attend. But apart from pointing fingers time has flown past and although I have made an afterschool home timetable I find myself coming home and getting knocked out -tiredness. So theres two lives im living the School one where I have learned <5% of what is needed. and My Home one which If I am alone for a day without school with my mindset whiteboard textbook and pen pad. I can learn a terms worth of work in two to three days hardcore study. So now Im thinking of Bunking as everything to "Know" I find that its with me at home, text book, google, my mind and self teaching and online tutorials like exam solutions. If I follow this for a Month or half of it I can aruntee myself an A* but with school im heading to a U. I know some people say manage your time but with my procrastination and bad habits it will take more time to incorporate discipline and I feel there's no time left for that and I will be more depressed than healthy and learning. The bad news despite this plan is that I have signed a contract with my school - guess what for...- poor attendance and I can't let it drop below 90% or I'm kicked out of my school which is a No Go area for me. What should my Plan be to tackle studies and get all A*s . Please Help Me !! I will really appreciate it !!
    There's so such thing as taking time to incorporate discipline. If you wholeheartedly try to perfect your habits it'll happen. You have time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michiyo)
    Like the A2 exams
    They're in June
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleB)
    They're in June
    Mine are in July and I have not started revising yet

Spoiler:
      Show

CheeseIsVeg
      Your PM are full again.

ReputationRep:
      Mine are in July and I have not started revising yet
      Think rationally, you have time
      • Community Assistant
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      Think rationally, you have time
      My mocks are in three weeks.

I know nothing.

ReputationRep:
      There's so such thing as taking time to incorporate discipline. If you wholeheartedly try to perfect your habits it'll happen. You have time.
      true that

ReputationRep:
      My mocks are in three weeks.

I know nothing.
      Good luck x
      2 weeks are enough to learn content by the third you should know it

I'm sure you know some things. You're not completely blank lol
      • Community Assistant
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      Good luck x
      2 weeks are enough to learn content by the third you should know it

I'm sure you know some things. You're not completely blank lol
      Actually, I am. I am doing a four-year course that I have not studied since 2014 and have not re-learnt anything

ReputationRep:
      Actually, I am. I am doing a four-year course that I have not studied since 2014 and have not re-learnt anything
      Once you've learnt something, you never forget it. You just need the cue. You'll be able to recall

Shattered. Drove 500+ miles today, running on three hours of sleep from last night. :yawn:

Hope everyone else is doing alright. :3

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Hydeman)
        Shattered. Drove 500+ miles today, running on three hours of sleep from last night. :yawn:

Hope everyone else is doing alright. :3
        Aww, sleep well chota bacha

ReputationRep:
        Like this:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c71RCAyLS1M
        • Very Important Poster
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        Today at work was probably the first decent day in ages, excluding the 5 hour pointless meeting, I made a new friend which feels good! And they went to my uni which is pretty cool.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Bluebutterfly310)
        Spoiler:
        Show

CheeseIsVeg
        Your PM are full again.

Ikr. :cry:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
        Ugh. I am tired and struggling to stay awake but I kind of have to get this done. I had hoped to have had more done, but I spend far too long going over things smh. Also have a 9am tomorrow. :facepalm: I'm gonna be so tired omg, which means I won't be able to stay up afterwards to finish my work :sigh: idgi what is life

I have to do this so I'm gonna leave this post here to hold myself accountable
        Good luck with everything. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
        I haven't seen that before. Seems interesting lol.
        (Original post by UWS)
        Today at work was probably the first decent day in ages, excluding the 5 hour pointless meeting, I made a new friend which feels good! And they went to my uni which is pretty cool.
        Glad you feel better about work for once.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Saba XD)
        I haven't seen that before. Seems interesting lol.
        :toofunny:

He seems nice

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Eternalflames)
        :toofunny:

He seems nice
        Yep, creepynice for sure.
        • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Saba XD)
        Good luck with everything. :hugs:
        Thank you :cube:

it just seems like as soon as I'm on top of everything the next intake of work comes craSHING in :sly:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Useful resources
      AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.