Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pepzi_Kola)
    Hi again I hate being alone, that's the only reason I'm looking forward to year 11 tbh. I'll definitely try my best, and thanks I'm also dead nervous about applying for Sixth Form

So you've just finished your A levels (good luck for results day by the way )? How did you find them? What are you going to do at Uni?
    I am pretty happy with how I did. I did so much studying haha. I also looked at unofficial mark schemes on here so I think I safely say I am in the a* - b range

I did maths and physics first year, and Double BTEC in IT (it's complicated and I regret doing this - it sucked xD)

Honestly the first year I kinda winged it, because I got good GCSE's and thought it would be ok and got C's.

I retook a lot of exams and worked so much haha. So the few months before the maths exams, I found everything pretty easy.

And IT was dumbed down and easy, it was just long. It's not too hard to get the highest grades in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pepzi_Kola)
    Hi again I hate being alone, that's the only reason I'm looking forward to year 11 tbh. I'll definitely try my best, and thanks I'm also dead nervous about applying for Sixth Form

So you've just finished your A levels (good luck for results day by the way )? How did you find them? What are you going to do at Uni?
    I am doing computing at uni, at Kent most likely

I think you will be fine with year 11.

There's not much need to be nervous about sixth form, especially if you stay at the same school. You are also doing the same subjects from GCSE most likely I found the transition to be pretty smooth.

Don't wing the first year! A lot did at my school. I did like 6 maths exams this year because of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TehFen)
    I am pretty happy with how I did. I did so much studying haha. I also looked at unofficial mark schemes on here so I think I safely say I am in the a* - b range

I did maths and physics first year, and Double BTEC in IT (it's complicated and I regret doing this - it sucked xD)

Honestly the first year I kinda winged it, because I got good GCSE's and thought it would be ok and got C's.

I retook a lot of exams and worked so much haha. So the few months before the maths exams, I found everything pretty easy.

And IT was dumbed down and easy, it was just long. It's not too hard to get the highest grades in it.
    That's good to hear, I bet you've done amazing They sound like great subjects (I'm also going to take maths when I start sixth form, it's my favourite subject ).

(Original post by TehFen)
    I am doing computing at uni, at Kent most likely

I think you will be fine with year 11.

There's not much need to be nervous about sixth form, especially if you stay at the same school. You are also doing the same subjects from GCSE most likely I found the transition to be pretty smooth.

Don't wing the first year! A lot did at my school. I did like 6 maths exams this year because of it.
    Oh cool xD Sounds great (even though I haven't a clue about computing 😂).

Yeah I probably will, it's just the expectations and trying to meet them. I should be fine though

It's not a school sixth form but most of their intake is from my school so I'll hopefully get in. I'm hoping to do Maths, Biology and Geography.

I definitely won't wing it, don't worry
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Feeling the cat version of broody after seeing my aunt's new kitten

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've come to conclusion that I am a useless flop, I haven't done or achieved anything good in life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    I've come to conclusion that I am a useless flop, I haven't done or achieved anything good in life
    Don't say that I'm sure it's not true.

ReputationRep:
    Well work has been wasting my time for the last three weeks, good to know they still like to mess me about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    Same here.

So useless, would have better if I never existed.

ReputationRep:
    Dad came home, I don't hate him but I don't want to go downstairs to sit with him.

I don't know what I want...

ReputationRep:
    Feeling ugly too.

Result's day on Thursday.

Want to keep hugging my sister but obviously after 5 minutes she says "can I go now" :laugh: she's such a cute.

:sigh: can I die?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by LunaCat)
    Feeling ugly too.

Result's day on Thursday.

Want to keep hugging my sister but obviously after 5 minutes she says "can I go now" :laugh: she's such a cute.

:sigh: can I die?
    :hugs: life is worth living :yep: and good luck to your sister :yep:

I am sure you aren't ugly :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    :hugs: life is worth living :yep: and good luck to your sister :yep:

I am sure you aren't ugly :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How would you know?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    How would you know?
    I don't know but having better self esteem would make life a bit better :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    I don't know but having better self esteem would make life a bit better :yep:
    I do but one day or another you will have to cave reality so why wait?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I do but one day or another you will have to cave reality so why wait?
    Reality is subjective in itself, feeling not ugly starts within yourself regardless of societal perceptions. You determine what is real in your mind because it is the only thing you can truly control to an extent. Reality can be shaped, can be bended.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ******** it for results

ReputationRep:
    Same here.

So useless, would have better if I never existed.
    Don't say that :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand me. At all :sigh:
    And I think I'm going to cry. There's no where to cry in peace

Posted from TSR Mobile

Flipping and falling everywhere

I think I'm drunk :lol:

ReputationRep:
    So bored. Crying

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.