Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Well from start of October til Christmas I do. Then Christmas to summer. Those days are the best. Total isolation from everyone else, especially my horrible parents. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a couple of good friends but those days are gone.
    Have you tried moving out? Yeah, peace and quiet. Try making friends, I know it's easier said than done but I think it could really make a difference in your life when you have reliable and trustworthy people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Water)
    Have you tried moving out? Yeah, peace and quiet. Try making friends, I know it's easier said than done but I think it could really make a difference in your life when you have reliable and trustworthy people.
    Not an option I'm afraid. Of course, I will after uni.
    I can't. I wish I could but I can't. Yes, it would make a big difference to have even just one good friend at uni, even if I share no interests with them, just to talk to.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I can't. I wish I could but I can't. Yes, it would make a big difference to have even just one good friend at uni, even if I share no interests with them, just to talk to.
    Unlucky. Make most of the time when your in university. If I were the same age and in the same university as you, this problem would be solved.

ReputationRep:
    I know it might not mean much but I really hope things get better for you and that you don't stop yourself from getting help when you need to. From your previous posts on this thread it sounds like you need someone to talk to, like a genuine line of support and I really hope you find that.

ReputationRep:
    writing a patent makes me crazy:damnmate:

ReputationRep:
    1month till uni, so bored

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    Welcome to part five! :bunny: :hugs:

Same as always, how're you feeling right now?

The old thread can be found here if you want to look back on it. :moon:

Please do remember that content must be within our community guidelines to keep everyone safe :grouphugs:
    Gcse results day is tomorrow so i am killing my nail beds by biting my nails every 2 seconds
    well excuse me i have i have to cry in pillow again
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by mishisweet)
    Gcse results day is tomorrow so i am killing my nail beds by biting my nails every 2 seconds
    well excuse me i have i have to cry in pillow again
    Hey there

Please don't panic! Everything will be completely fine - no matter what happens. Please try and spend today doing something you enjoy - it's summer after all! I don't know about you, but where I am the weather is gorgeous - perhaps go to the park or if you don't fancy that, watch a film or something! There's no point in getting worked up today, it will just make you tired and upset - we don't want that

All the best of luck tomorrow, we're here for you!

ReputationRep:
    Won't be able to meet up when some of my friends do
    Not like I am much of a friend anyway. Ngl, it has been more than a year, I cannot remember how long ago. I occasionally message to show I'm alive but even that died down.
    Miss friends, proper friendship. Don't really got that. Have maybe 2 who can be classed as close. But they're both always busy, know each other but don't really hang out together. So I generally just meet one at a time :lol: And though that's fun, would be great to be able to do more stuff, with a bunch of people. But then getting out poses a problem anyway :sigh:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    :sigh: being watched :ninja:

I'm good thanks ....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Saddens me how my own actions can be the cause of my sadness. How my '' can make me ' ' in what seems like a heartbeat. And with every heartbeat it just gets more and more and more...unless...idk but unless something. Otherwise i'd be dead of sadness alone :rofl:

No words just wow. I think i need to be alone for a while, away from everything, everyone and all distraction. Just concentrate on my own little world, not that anyone prevents me from doing that now....but that i prevent myself from doing it because there are other things that can distract me away from...myself? Idk. I just don't know :argh:

Might take a long break and come back later :dontknow: need a break from this addiction.

That said, god know when will that time come :toofunny: maybe a while later when i'm ready to leave lol.

Hopefully this doesn't get me banned :puppyeyes: love you
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Dr Strange)
    Will do :yep: Right now I'm busy with Mohsin Hamid's 'Exit West'

Omg yes! :ahee: I think it's Green's first work since TFIOS which was just :cry2:
    Anyway, I've got it on pre-order as well as Philip Pullman's 'The Book of Dust' (I don't know if you've read 'His Dark Materials', but this is a follow-up to that) :woo:

:rofl: Fair enough

And :yep: you're right
    Would you recommend it?
    I know :woo:
    Although, I must admit, I only read the rest of Green's books after TFIOS
    What do you think of the rest of his books? :curious:
    I'm going to be in Pakistan on the release date, and I haven't looked into pre-ordering here I hope I can :lol:

I've only read the first book of rhe trilogy :facepalm: It's actually on of the few books my sister's always on at me to read :rofl:

(Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    How does one have a life? :beard:
    :dontknow::dontknow:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Feeling a very strange mixture of emotions because it's my birthday on Saturday and I feel very old now and one of my favourite poets is doing a workshop here on Sunday (and I don't know if I can go :sad: ) and I HATE my new biology teacher because she makes me very very very very anxious and she's the reason I don't feel like going to college and she's going to start making me hate biology and I'm surrounded by people who I have to try very hard to tolerate even though they expect me to love them because we're family and it's so exhausting acting like I don't hate every second of being with them and I want to sleep for a week and I miss my dad's dad jokes and :cry2::cry2::cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsMars)
    Feeling a very strange mixture of emotions because it's my birthday on Saturday and I feel very old now and one of my favourite poets is doing a workshop here on Sunday (and I don't know if I can go :sad: ) and I HATE my new biology teacher because she makes me very very very very anxious and she's the reason I don't feel like going to college and she's going to start making me hate biology and I'm surrounded by people who I have to try very hard to tolerate even though they expect me to love them because we're family and it's so exhausting acting like I don't hate every second of being with them and I want to sleep for a week and I miss my dad's dad jokes and :cry2::cry2::cry2:
    :hugs:
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    in pain but what's new

ReputationRep:
    I feel like this

• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I just lost my **** with dermatology there now. I legit have no idea why they are convinced my mental health has something to do with my skin treatment, so I may have told them to **** off when they mentioned psychiatrists...**** move, I know, but I'm tired and sick of them all trying to bring my mental health into everything.

I was already in a bad mood due to stress, but this is just the icing on the cake.

Spoiler:
    Show
    and please don't give me advice on what treatments I can take. I've taken them all now, except one that I can't take thanks to my *****y mental health. Thanks.

Yesterday I texted one of the girls I'm living with in September and she still hasn't replied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsMars)
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    Not good

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.