Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AARRGHH! Okay, I have no idea how to build a website. The internet tells me to use the likes of Wordpress, but that's not what I want. You can't seem to be able to design the layout and the links exactly how you want. The also all look like blogs.
      I remember when I was in year 8, we 'made our own websites' in ICT using some program.. it might have been Microsoft. It didn't involve any coding iirc but you designed it all yourself. I don't remember what it was called though.

Ugh, how do I do this? I could make what I want the pages to look like on Word or something. But that's not a website. How do I do this?:sigh:
      • TSR Support Team
      • Very Important Poster
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
      AARRGHH! Okay, I have no idea how to build a website. The internet tells me to use the likes of Wordpress, but that's not what I want. You can't seem to be able to design the layout and the links exactly how you want. The also all look like blogs.
      I remember when I was in year 8, we 'made our own websites' in ICT using some program.. it might have been Microsoft. It didn't involve any coding iirc but you designed it all yourself. I don't remember what it was called though.

Ugh, how do I do this? I could make what I want the pages to look like on Word or something. But that's not a website. How do I do this?:sigh:
      Dreamweaver? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
      Content, though a little perplexed. Having trouble with some annotations for my photography homework. Otherwise happy ^^
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:

We used a program called Serif WebPlus so you could take a look at that.

(Original post by shadowdweller)
        Dreamweaver? :holmes:
        (Original post by qasim_96)
        We used a program called Serif WebPlus so you could take a look at that.
        Thanks guys, I'll have a look at them
        • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
        I can't fold paper
        • Very Important Poster
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        On a weekend holiday this weekend, you'll be glad to see the back of me for a few days :lol:
        • Welcome Squad

really awful dream think they are getting more and more vivid, didnt even know it was a dream and dont think i've ever cried in one before

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
        I can't fold paper
        noob
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        I feel like I'm genuinely not worth it anymore.
        It's something when your family/the people you have no choice but to spend all your time with don't value you or appreciate you, or even try to keep up an effort; I can't expect them to because I'm too difficult to handle and they didn't ask for me.
        But when someone who would go out of their way to make you think they genuinely want you the way you are, that they are accepting of you and will put up with you and more without expecting anything back, for someone like that to then give off the message that you're not worth it, that you're not enough for them and they no longer want you, that the obstacles standing between you both aren't worth the effort?

God, I'm ****ing done.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by MrsMars)
        I feel like I'm genuinely not worth it anymore.
        It's something when your family/the people you have no choice but to spend all your time with don't value you or appreciate you, or even try to keep up an effort; I can't expect them to because I'm too difficult to handle and they didn't ask for me.
        But when someone who would go out of their way to make you think they genuinely want you the way you are, that they are accepting of you and will put up with you and more without expecting anything back, for someone like that to then give off the message that you're not worth it, that you're not enough for them and they no longer want you, that the obstacles standing between you both aren't worth the effort?

God, I'm ****ing done.
        You will find someone who will appreciate oi for the way you are. Don't change yourself for others. You will be worth it for someone someday. Surround yourself with good people and people who deserve your time :console:
        • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by UWS)
        On a weekend holiday this weekend, you'll be glad to see the back of me for a few days :lol:
        Noo :emo:
        Have good one tho :hugs: looks amazing :love:
        (Original post by CoolCavy)
        really awful dream think they are getting more and more vivid, didnt even know it was a dream and dont think i've ever cried in one before
        O Cavsicle :console::penguinhug: thinking of u
        (Original post by XOR_)
        noob
        Yeah :sigh:

ReputationRep:
        I feel ew and uncomfortable a random person came up to me and said "you're really pretty" whilst his friends were on the other side of the road laughing and stuff like ?!!?! these sort of jokes aren't funny at all

IIRC, Dreamweaver (Adobe software, not Microsoft) is easy to use, and good for creating crudge webpages.

But this might not be the best choice for creating a website - if you are creating your own website from scratch, you will eventually need to learn how the code works, which means you should be writing the code in a text editor (or IDE).

Really depends what kind of website you want.
          • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by KittenMediaya)
          You're so cute

Posted from TSR Mobile
          Oi :slap: Cut it out I'm trying to be grumpy here :lol:

Spoiler:
          Show

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
          Pretty good, which worries me. There's usually always something that'll come to ruin it

ReputationRep:
          I feel fat! I have had 2 ice creams today :nothing:

(Original post by Mathemagicien)
            IIRC, Dreamweaver (Adobe software, not Microsoft) is easy to use, and good for creating crudge webpages.

But this might not be the best choice for creating a website - if you are creating your own website from scratch, you will eventually need to learn how the code works, which means you should be writing the code in a text editor (or IDE).

Really depends what kind of website you want.
            I just really want a basic website to put some pictures and information on. I want clickable subheadings along the top, a couple with drop down boxes. Really basic. I don't know any code but I definitely didn't need much code back in year 8 when we used that program.

Thanks for helping:hugs:

I just really want a basic website to put some pictures and information on. I want clickable subheadings along the top, a couple with drop down boxes. Really basic. I don't know any code but I definitely didn't need much code back in year 8 when we used that program.

Thanks for helping:hugs:
              In that case, you are fine using Dreamweaver (or a free, open-source alternative, I believe there are a few).

(Original post by Mathemagicien)
                In that case, you are fine using Dreamweaver (or a free, open-source alternative, I believe there are a few).
                Cool! Do you know what any of those free alternatives are called?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
              Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
              Useful resources
              AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
            • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
              Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.