Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    :woo: So you do think you can have a partner after all. Good progress

It's a joke me and TheAlchemistress have about arranged marriage 😂 I still don't think I'm getting one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasim_96)
    It's a joke me and TheAlchemistress have about arranged marriage 😂 I still don't think I'm getting one
    :lol: well then :hide: didn't mean to intrude on your inside joke

ReputationRep:
    :lol: well then :hide: didn't mean to intrude on your inside joke
    That's okay
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Yh I forget that. Double standards; I can worry about people, don't want them worrying about me, but if no one worries, I'd think no one cares. No winning
    Sometimes I think the younger me would be disappointed, sometimes I think proud :dontknow:
    Awww I guess it's natural to not want people to worry about you, but it's also natural to worry yourself, so it's basically a circle. But can you imagine a world in which not a single person cared about anyone? That's why it needs to be like this :yep:

The doc says that she'd definitely be proud :yes: I mean, just look what you've come through - that takes a lot of strength And before you attempt to make a counter-argument, remember that your stubbornness doesn't work on me :naughty:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsMars)
    I never thought anything could be worse than the recurring dreams I'd have as a kid, but now that I'm seeing the recurring theme of being forced to watch my dad be killed in different settings each time is making me rethink that, and it's absolutely terrifying.
    Some twisted ****ed part of me wishes I'd dream about my abuse instead, even though nothing triggers my anxiety and depression more.
    Is that normal? I never want to relive it, but at this point anything seems better than watching my dad get slaughtered every night.

What is this
    I'm ****ed it's official

ReputationRep:
    I just feel pretty alone. All my friends from school are basically out of my life now and I haven't really formed any close friendships at university. Haven't seen a single friend over the two and a half months since I left after second year. Only time people speak to me on facebook is if they need to ask about something practical. But it's not like I reach out to them, either, at least not very much. I don't want to give them the power I guess. And often as soon as there's a hint of things being beyond the practical, I get uncomfortable and stop talking. Unless I'm drunk..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Strange)
    Awww I guess it's natural to not want people to worry about you, but it's also natural to worry yourself, so it's basically a circle. But can you imagine a world in which not a single person cared about anyone? That's why it needs to be like this :yep:

The doc says that she'd definitely be proud :yes: I mean, just look what you've come through - that takes a lot of strength And before you attempt to make a counter-argument, remember that your stubbornness doesn't work on me :naughty:
    Such a world would be disgustingly selfish, truly.
    I suppose :dontknow: Yeah but she was weird :lol:
    spoilsports
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    P*ssed off with the world.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Triggered.
    I hate feeling like I've lost the control I thought I had over knowing which things make it worse. Like ZAYN's new song????? Like, are you fr?!?!1?!?! I don't understand how I was stupid enough to think it was going to be okay, that speaking to one person over summer was going to make it stop.
    Now, when I'm travelling around the city I'm terrified I'll see one of them. If I see someone who remotely even looks like one of them, I freeze. Then I'll spend 2 weeks thinking myself sick about what would happen should we meet again.
    Then I have to exert all of my limited energy into putting up a facade so I don't have to use non-existent energy in telling people I'm okay.

Why do I do this to myself? Why is it so hard for desis to talk about Mental Ill Health? Why is it so hard to make people understand that you're genuinely sick? Why can't desi parents show the same concern about Mental Health as they do about Physical Health? I mean, I was dragged to the hospital a few weeks ago because I wasn't eating or getting hungry. Why can't any concern be shown about the fact that I don't sleep, or how hard it is to get out of bed, or how I just can't bring myself to interact with the people I love, or how I can procrastinate the most important things for weeks, or how being begged to do something can't even get me to move. Why is it okay for your kid to tell you they're taking Antidepressants, and then for you to act like you don't know anything after saying once that you don't want them taking it? Why is it even okay for a parent to say they don't want their kid taking drugs for their Mental Health when they've done nothing to ensure that their kid is well and knows they have support should they need it? Why is it okay for a parent not to think about what their kid's Mental state might be after they manage to speak up about their abuse 7 and 4 years later? Why is it okay for parents not to be able to identify when their kid is shutting off?

When will all this change?

Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsMars)
    Triggered.
    I hate feeling like I've lost the control I thought I had over knowing which things make it worse. Like ZAYN's new song????? Like, are you fr?!?!1?!?! I don't understand how I was stupid enough to think it was going to be okay, that speaking to one person over summer was going to make it stop.
    Now, when I'm travelling around the city I'm terrified I'll see one of them. If I see someone who remotely even looks like one of them, I freeze. Then I'll spend 2 weeks thinking myself sick about what would happen should we meet again.
    Then I have to exert all of my limited energy into putting up a facade so I don't have to use non-existent energy in telling people I'm okay.

Why do I do this to myself? Why is it so hard for desis to talk about Mental Ill Health? Why is it so hard to make people understand that you're genuinely sick? Why can't desi parents show the same concern about Mental Health as they do about Physical Health? I mean, I was dragged to the hospital a few weeks ago because I wasn't eating or getting hungry. Why can't any concern be shown about the fact that I don't sleep, or how hard it is to get out of bed, or how I just can't bring myself to interact with the people I love, or how I can procrastinate the most important things for weeks, or how being begged to do something can't even get me to move. Why is it okay for your kid to tell you they're taking Antidepressants, and then for you to act like you don't know anything after saying once that you don't want them taking it? Why is it even okay for a parent to say they don't want their kid taking drugs for their Mental Health when they've done nothing to ensure that their kid is well and knows they have support should they need it? Why is it okay for a parent not to think about what their kid's Mental state might be after they manage to speak up about their abuse 7 and 4 years later? Why is it okay for parents not to be able to identify when their kid is shutting off?

When will all this change?

Sorry.
    I can totally relate to the mental health problems. Why is it so difficult for our parents to understand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    P*ssed off with the world.
    :hugs: what's wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KittenMediaya)
    :hugs: what's wrong?
    In 2 weeks I have nowhere to live right now. This may change in the next 5 minutes. Tense moments.:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    In 2 weeks I have nowhere to live right now. This may change in the next 5 minutes. Tense moments.:ninja:
    Aww :hugs: do you live alone?
    Why so?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aww :hugs: do you live alone?
    Why so?
    Moving to uni in 2 weeks. They offered me accommodation, but I did not receive an offer. And they have since withdrawn the offer, because I didn't reply, because I didn't receive an offer.

Grrrr.

ReputationRep:
    Moving to uni in 2 weeks. They offered me accommodation, but I did not receive an offer. And they have since withdrawn the offer, because I didn't reply, because I didn't receive an offer.

Grrrr.
    This is pretty messed have you told them about this, not receiving the offer?
    You might see me round there :rofl: do you go keele? :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    This is pretty messed have you told them about this, not receiving the offer?
    You might see me round there :rofl: do you go keele? :dontknow:
    Yeah.:mad: Not even an apology.

I will be doing in 2 weeks, are you that area*?

Spoiler:
    Show
    *PM if you want

ReputationRep:
    I feel super duper depressed. Haven't eaten anything all day. Just really tensed and worried about everything. My sister bought donuts and pizza on her way back from work. For the first time ever, I didn't feel like looking at either of them. Why is everything so difficult? :sad:

ReputationRep:
    y'all need to stop sweating the small stuff none of us are going to make it out of life alive. might be dead tomorrow so why give such a **** and take stuff so seriously

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.:mad: Not even an apology.

I will be doing in 2 weeks, are you that area*?

Spoiler:
    Show

*PM if you want
    That's not nice of them what are you studying there?

Not in that area, but I'm not that far
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dominoes)
    y'all need to stop sweating the small stuff none of us are going to make it out of life alive. might be dead tomorrow so why give such a **** and take stuff so seriously
    Darling, this is a 'How are you feeling right now' thread. We are here to talk about how we feel. We're not going to talk about other things unless they're related to how we feel. For many people, this thread is the only place where they can openly express their feelings. If you don't want to know about how we feel, dont. Read. The. Thread.

I feel as though you should keep your opinions to yourself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.