Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    I very much doubt you can justify that.
    You're a bright lad with a great future ahead. You just underestimate yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Water)
    You're a bright lad with a great future ahead. You just underestimate yourself.
    I'm not bright though. I used to think I was intelligent until I realised that all I have is a decent memory, no creativity or intelligence at all. I lack so much common sense and have no skill in anything, particularly the trivial things that everyone is good at. And my future is nonexistent. Without social skills getting a job is totally impossible.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm not bright though. I used to think I was intelligent until I realised that all I have is a decent memory, no creativity or intelligence at all. I lack so much common sense and have no skill in anything, particularly the trivial things that everyone is good at. And my future is nonexistent. Without social skills getting a job is totally impossible.
    You definitely are intelligent. Most students would find the things that you have done/are doing very hard I think it only seems small and trivial to you. What do you mean by skills that you lack but other people are good at? Social skills can be a problem, but cross the bridge when it comes to it.

ReputationRep:
    You definitely are intelligent. Most students would find the things that you have done/are doing very hard I think it only seems small and trivial to you. What do you mean by skills that you lack but other people are good at? Social skills can be a problem, but cross the bridge when it comes to it.
    Because they lack some stupid rote memory, that's all... I wish I was intelligent. Then at least I could enjoy something productive when I'm on my own instead of wasting time on YT and TSR.
    Just normal skills (driving for example, but I mean things that are generally even easier than that) that almost everyone is good at. I'm actually terrible at almost everything new, it's just after some unreasonable amounts of practice I finally cross the mental retardation level.
    Well yeah my approach is to just ignore the fact that I'm screwed after three years.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Because they lack some stupid rote memory, that's all... I wish I was intelligent. Then at least I could enjoy something productive when I'm on my own instead of wasting time on YT and TSR.
    Just normal skills (driving for example, but I mean things that are generally even easier than that) that almost everyone is good at. I'm actually terrible at almost everything new, it's just after some unreasonable amounts of practice I finally cross the mental retardation level.
    Well yeah my approach is to just ignore the fact that I'm screwed after three years.
    I'm sure there's actual skill required as well, not only rote memory. Most people are like that, even me. Not much to do in this country in general.

Driving is pretty crap. It took me a while and lots of practice to get a hold of it since I was so retarded to even learn to drive. I'm pretty much bad at everything new as well, but don't let it put you off all the time.

You'll have to kind of ease into it. There's no actual way to get rid of this problem, because a job will contain everything that you hate.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there's actual skill required as well, not only rote memory. Most people are like that, even me. Not much to do in this country in general.

Driving is pretty crap. It took me a while and lots of practice to get a hold of it since I was so retarded to even learn to drive. I'm pretty much bad at everything new as well, but don't let it put you off all the time.

You'll have to kind of ease into it. There's no actual way to get rid of this problem, because a job will contain everything that you hate.
    Well rote memory and mysteriously being bothered to put in 100% effort into every maths lesson I ever had, but not being bothered in the other lessons. So I have my fundamentals and my ability to rote learn answers to problems I've seen before. It is rather tragic that I've done this 'well' just with these two.

It applies to maths too, which is a problem. Anything I see which I haven't seen in its exact form before just clouds my mind completely and I usually can't make any progress (if I do it takes far too long).

Yeah true.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Well rote memory and mysteriously being bothered to put in 100% effort into every maths lesson I ever had, but not being bothered in the other lessons. So I have my fundamentals and my ability to rote learn answers to problems I've seen before. It is rather tragic that I've done this 'well' just with these two.

It applies to maths too, which is a problem. Anything I see which I haven't seen in its exact form before just clouds my mind completely and I usually can't make any progress (if I do it takes far too long).

Yeah true.
    That's good then if you managed to get this far! Imagine if you'd actually tried, it would be crazy.

This happens to normal people all the time, imagine that. The stage that you're at now isn't supposed to be easy by any means, so it's ok to struggle.

Have you done your driving test?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    <sighs> coursework to do...

ReputationRep:
    That's good then if you managed to get this far! Imagine if you'd actually tried, it would be crazy.

This happens to normal people all the time, imagine that. The stage that you're at now isn't supposed to be easy by any means, so it's ok to struggle.

Have you done your driving test?
    But I did try, in every lesson, which is the sole reason why I have any success in maths. Because I know the fundamentals... but I can't do anything nontrivial/complicated.

It's in a couple of weeks and I'm nowhere near ready. I don't like embarrassing myself but that seems inevitable. I just make mistakes that are so stupid they even surprise me. No one else makes such mistakes. It doesn't help that people think I'm intelligent because I'm 'good at maths' or whatever, because then my stupidity is even less comprehensible to them.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    But I did try, in every lesson, which is the sole reason why I have any success in maths. Because I know the fundamentals... but I can't do anything nontrivial/complicated.

It's in a couple of weeks and I'm nowhere near ready. I don't like embarrassing myself but that seems inevitable. I just make mistakes that are so stupid they even surprise me. No one else makes such mistakes. It doesn't help that people think I'm intelligent because I'm 'good at maths' or whatever, because then my stupidity is even less comprehensible to them.
    That's good, you ended up doing amazing in maths. Maybe it just takes you longer to do more complicated things, as I take long.

Just carry on practicing, I done the same thing and managed to scrape through. Yeah a lot of people do think that people who are good at maths are insanely clever. Not that I'm saying you're not, just a common misconception.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    hope that bringing someone else down made you feel better about yourself
    I'm sorry. I deleted the comment after I realized it was a serious post. Shouldn't have clicked on this thread. All my fault,

ReputationRep:
    aimless and transient, want university to start properly so i have a purpose
    needed to get out the house last night so just wandered about the town until 12:30 at night, sat in the wetherspoon and mcdonalds for a bit just sniffing back some tears. The wetherspoon have good toilets though (main reason for going). Was debating whether to eat some peas off of someone's plate they had left but managed to restrain myself for hygiene reasons
    have eaten some cereal and a tin of pasta today so technically that's my lot, have some chocolate in a drawer but i dont want to be fat so dont want to eat it. Trying to conserve my food as i have no money atm (after rent worked out i have £50 to last me until january, what a joke) so hopefully my parent will send some
    might have some bread in a minute and go on another walk

Why have sfe given you so little, this seems very unfair :erm:

ReputationRep:
    no worries, sorry for being touchy just sensitive atm

because one of my parents is a 'high earner' and therefore it is assumed that these people share their money with their families, but stuff like that is never that straightforward
    Ahh same for me. "High earners" yet most goes toward the mortgage lol. It's a really flawed system but then again they can't vet each person one by one Sorry to hear about how it is, deserve better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    done it?
    In the process of doing it. I feel kind of grossed out and am self-loathing from trying to sell myself so much.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Evidence of the above? :slap:
    You're being nice, thanks though.
    :slap: Evidence attached Forgotten already? :lol::hugs:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    1. I shouldnt be in the bathroom at this time
    2. I shouldnt have this in my hand
    3. I shouldnt be feeling like this
    4. I should be sleeping only till tomorrow.
    1. I shouldn't be in the bathroom
    2. I shouldnt have this in my fking hand
    1. I shouldnt be in the bathroom
    3. I shouldnt be feeling like this at all
    4. I should be sleeping only till tomorrow
    1. I shouldnt be in the bathroom.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Idc
    Im gna sleeo
    Where i am
    In the bath

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KittenMediaya)
    Idc
    Im gna sleeo
    Where i am
    In the bath

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, please don't do this - get out of the bath, wrap up warm and try and get some sleep :hugs:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KittenMediaya)
    Idc
    Im gna sleeo
    Where i am
    In the bath

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aysha? :hugs: stay safe x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    Hi, please don't do this - get out of the bath, wrap up warm and try and get some sleep :hugs:
    So warm tho
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    Aysha? :hugs: stay safe x
    I am x

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.