Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's half past midnight and I'm still putting of the work due first period tomorrow, have a toothache and I'm too worn out to resist the wave of overwhelming existential hopelessness that is about to hit me. Just another night in the life of ||TheUnknown||. (((:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Strange)
    :rofl: Ikr You can always tie it up in a muslin cloth so the flavour goes in but the actual things don't :beard::lol:

I hope so too Will probably have to go to a restaurant... or cook it :lol: Cooking it is HARD though

:rofl: Awww, that's nice Chicken biryani?

:five: Cardamon = Elaichi (just a different language)
    True, but my mum and especially my dadi don't believe in cooking like that
    I don't even put elaichi in when I cook :rofl:
    Cooking it isn't that hard if you get someone good to teach & watch over you your first few times :yep:

Nope, Lamb Biryani >>>>> Chicken Biryani :smug:

ReputationRep:
    bored

ReputationRep:
    Not bothered for anything
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Drained but relieved that I've finally let out all the stuff from last year that's been eating at me.
    I hate that Asians don't understand MI, or attribute it to lack of religiousity/spirituality, but at this point in time I think that's something I can live with now that I know they know what it feels like for me and how much I'm struggling.
    • Welcome Squad

struggling tbh, trying to keep a brave face on it inrl but its hard
    dont want to do anything at all

ReputationRep:
    Deep thoughts. Memories. Papa mama I love you, thanks for all these things you gave away for me. Even gave away yourself. Don't know if it makes me feel good, but not bad.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsMars)
    True, but my mum and especially my dadi don't believe in cooking like that
    I don't even put elaichi in when I cook :rofl:
    Cooking it isn't that hard if you get someone good to teach & watch over you your first few times :yep:

Nope, Lamb Biryani >>>>> Chicken Biryani :smug:
    Ahhh, they're pretty old school then :rofl: Or maybe they don't see it as much of a problem :hmmmm:

:lol: You don't? :curious: Any trade-off in terms of flavour :beard: It'd help if we could just omit it instead of going to great lengths to ensure it goes into the food but not our mouths :lol:

True, but I have to teach myself most of the time, or ask others for tips I don't fancy my chances with stuff like that :rofl:

:five: I agree :yep:

I'm really quite unhappy at the moment I'm on my phone and it's too much to type out. One of my housemates really let me down even though I've been bending over backwards for her all last year and year.she is completely oblivious it seems. Basically, I've put a lot of effort into making her happy and ensuring she was never left out, securing a house for us, yet she's always been a bit ungrateful and today I found that she was planning to ditch us next year and live with our course mate instead...meaning we wold have to leave our house. And all the arrangements made with getting thus house were for HER. We spoke to her and she's agreed to continue living us next year - she said that she didn't realise we were all planning to live here next year? I don't think I believe that, because why would we want to move when we've got a nice house with nice people?
      And I'm quite gutted to she chose this other girl over me, after all I've done for her as well. Yet again, a close friend does not consider me THEIR best friend, and prefers someone else....it makes me feel very lonely that no one bothers about me. *sigh*

ReputationRep:
      There's something wrong with my left eye. Hoping it's nothing. If I go docs or opticians, they'll simply tell me to go to A&E at the hospital. So I am just putting it off.

60% Tired
        30% Stressed
        10% Other
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Dr Strange)
        Ahhh, they're pretty old school then :rofl: Or maybe they don't see it as much of a problem :hmmmm:

:lol: You don't? :curious: Any trade-off in terms of flavour :beard: It'd help if we could just omit it instead of going to great lengths to ensure it goes into the food but not our mouths :lol:

True, but I have to teach myself most of the time, or ask others for tips I don't fancy my chances with stuff like that :rofl:

:five: I agree :yep:
        Yeah, they believe that it's worth it for the flavour

I don't feel like there is, I just add enough spice that no one feels the absence of elaichi :smug:

Youtube is your friend :yep:
        Try Cook with Faiza :mmm:

ReputationRep:
        Better. Whilst I'm never gonna make any friends or get to do anything here, basic things are more or less stable now and I feel more in control. Now all is left to do is to somehow re-motivate myself to self-study a subject that I've totally lost interest in thanks to a really boring course.

ReputationRep:
        Pretty good; this year's modules seem interesting.

ReputationRep:
        I feel:
        Crap
        Lonely
        Like this house is a prison
        Like I am being controlled
        I hate studying because I cannot understand

Can I just kill myself

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by LunaCat)
        I feel:
        Crap
        Lonely
        Like this house is a prison
        Like I am being controlled
        I hate studying because I cannot understand

Can I just kill myself
        :hugs: Don't worry, one day it will all be over. One day you shall breath freely and feel good about everything around you. A time shall come when you will love to wake up every morning and hate going to bed every night. Because then the day shall have so much in it for you. I feel the exact same way too. I'm just waiting for the day when I grow wings and fly away forever.
        But what'll happen if you kill yourself? What will happen if you wish to die? You won't get to experience all the lovely things that are kept in store you in the future. Do you want to miss out on the lovely things?
        ________________________________ ________________________________ ________________________________ ________

I feel tired and worn out.
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        I hate the fact that I'm still losing weight even though I'm actually eating now. I can't win :cry2:
        I'm too scared to even weigh myself

ReputationRep:
        i'm doing terrible. haven't ate properly for weeks. i'm just so sick of everything

ReputationRep:
        Spent a bunch of money just to feel cripplingly anxious and inept lel, love social occasions

ReputationRep:
        :bawling:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
      AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.