• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsMars)
    Like **** because the nightmares are coming back :cry2:
    :hugs:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Yeah you'd think, but he has a very different personality/interests to me which is a bit of a shame. Nah he's at another uni.
    Oh unlucky. Do you both kind of have competitions against each other to see who is smarter? I mean you're both studying the same thing, I'm really curious now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Water)
    Oh unlucky. Do you both kind of have competitions against each other to see who is smarter? I mean you're both studying the same thing, I'm really curious now.
    Nah we're not competitive about anything lol. I'm pretty sure we both agree I'm stronger at maths, which probably mostly because I'm more interested in it/put in more effort. But of course he probably knows more maths, being older.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Nah we're not competitive about anything lol. I'm pretty sure we both agree I'm stronger at maths, which probably mostly because I'm more interested in it/put in more effort. But of course he probably knows more maths, being older.
    If it were any of my siblings, competition is on. Had a strong feeling that you are more passionate about it. Yeah that's true, who goes to the better university? I mean, you do go to Warwick which has a notorious reputation for Maths.

ReputationRep:
    If it were any of my siblings, competition is on. Had a strong feeling that you are more passionate about it. Yeah that's true, who goes to the better university? I mean, you do go to Warwick which has a notorious reputation for Maths.
    I guess I do, reputation-wise. Lol 'notorious'.

ReputationRep:
    I want to die
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I guess I do, reputation-wise. Lol 'notorious'.
    I wasn't even supposed to type notorious lol. Stupid autocorrect. How is university going, has it been better?

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't even supposed to type notorious lol. Stupid autocorrect. How is university going, has it been better?
    Actually yes, it's significantly better than first year, which was terrible. Except this is ruined by the fact that one module (which I more or less have to do due to lack of other good options) is really causing me a lot of stress. It has very difficult weekly assignments too, which is the main problem.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Actually yes, it's significantly better than first year, which was terrible. Except this is ruined by the fact that one module (which I more or less have to do due to lack of other good options) is really causing me a lot of stress. It has very difficult weekly assignments too, which is the main problem.
    It's good to hear that's it's generally more easier this year for you to deal with. There's will always be something that you'll hate. Try your best to get through, if you're still struggling don't be scared to ask anyone else you know. What module is this by the way?

ReputationRep:
    It's good to hear that's it's generally more easier this year for you to deal with. There's will always be something that you'll hate. Try your best to get through, if you're still struggling don't be scared to ask anyone else you know. What module is this by the way?
    I don't even really dislike the content, I just struggle with it way more than I should and it worries me for upcoming assignments/the exam. I wish I could discuss stuff with someone I knew, that would help, but I don't know anyone here.
    It's Geometry (but not as you probably know it lol).

ReputationRep:
    i am not to bad
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I don't even really dislike the content, I just struggle with it way more than I should and it worries me for upcoming assignments/the exam. I wish I could discuss stuff with someone I knew, that would help, but I don't know anyone here.
    It's Geometry (but not as you probably know it lol).
    Oh right. Have you tried asking professors/lecturers for more help? It's unlucky that you don't know many people. Is this your second year? Don't you even have any acquaintances? Yeah Geometry sucks.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right. Have you tried asking professors/lecturers for more help? It's unlucky that you don't know many people. Is this your second year? Don't you even have any acquaintances? Yeah Geometry sucks.
    Nah don't even have acquaintances. I don't think lecturers are keen on personally helping students tbh. I actually don't mind Geometry but it's too vague and abstract for my liking at times and this can make problem solving very difficult.

I don't know what to do, but I am SO FED UP. I feel very close to breaking point.

I don't know what's wrong with me but I just CAN'T cope with people. I'm the only one who has trouble like this it seems so the problem does seem to be me. I'm just so fed up with people, I am very close to completely giving up and becoming a recluse again like I was exactly four years ago now. I'be been so stressed the last few weeks simply because of PEOPLE.

Tomorrow I am meant to be having a gym induction with hannah, but she was awful to me tonight, shouted at me twice and I'm really really wanting to phone up the gym tomorrow and say take me off the list. Most of the reason I was signing up for the gym was for the social side - a few of my course mates are going and I didn't want to be left out whilst they have fun going swimming and taking kettlebell classes. The membership costs 125 pounds for until next august. It's a very good price, but I feel like it's truly not worth it for the social side. I want to give up trying with these people because I can't cope with the rejection!

ReputationRep:
      Hungover as hell, f**king kills. Last night I cried, threw up and gave a homeless guy £20. At least I think he was homeless..not sure on the "he" part either..
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by math42)
      Hungover as hell, f**king kills. Last night I cried, threw up and gave a homeless guy £20. At least I think he was homeless..not sure on the "he" part either..
      Sounds like you had a great night.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by math42)
      Making it rain on them ho.... meless
      • Welcome Squad

Getting sick is exactly what i needed right now :/ not like i have enough to deal with already without mucus pouring out my face and a throat like sandpaper. Need to bathe as i havent done that for ages, then do some work then get some milk in or something (cant make it into town would never be able to get back up the hill with breathing like this so will go to the corner one). Feel terrible and not coping with anything but oh well :sad:

ReputationRep:
      Like I have a cold, which I do, after not having had one for years, after I used to have one practically all the time.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Dr Strange)
      Of course it does It is very similar in meaning to 'evil', whose antonyms include 'good', 'nice' and 'sweet', so shush

:rofl: Well that didn't work I mentioned it to give you an incentive to work on your sleep, not just for you to look at and 'like' :slap:

And you wrote this very early this morning, so I wonder how much sleep you got :hmmmm:Hardly any I bet

:console: Who says you can't have a break? All you'd need to do is just focus on your own wellbeing, and forget everything else. It's the kind of break that we all need at some point :yes:
      Bah humbug :lol: trust you to disagree.
      :rofl: I try well tried but eventually got bored out of my mind staring into space ...
      Few hours :yep: better than nothing heeeyyy :hide:
      thanks

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.