Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm stressed out and alcohol isn't calming me down, for some reason.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by math42)
    I'm stressed out and alcohol isn't calming me down, for some reason.
    Why are you stressed out?

ReputationRep:
    Conflicted
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Idk... need to ask a family memebr who happens to be a pharmacist. I'm not a fan of the idea.

Aw that's good. Why do you doubt it?

Yeah, I am currently feeling proud but annoyed too. I needed to clear my head, wanted to be alone. But will do.
    Didn't see who, I was in flight mode. Hope it hurts him loads.
    Ah right ok :bigsmile: Nor am I :rofl:

Because I know :lol: And tbh a little bit of reading at the weekend works fine for me now :yes: And sometimes I go through these phases when I don't even miss because I'm so busy with other stuff :rofl:

Aww you shouldn't dwell on it now :console: All that matters is that you dealt with it - just be more careful in future :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Strange)
    Ah right ok :bigsmile: Nor am I :rofl:

Because I know :lol: And tbh a little bit of reading at the weekend works fine for me now :yes: And sometimes I go through these phases when I don't even miss because I'm so busy with other stuff :rofl:

Aww you shouldn't dwell on it now :console: All that matters is that you dealt with it - just be more careful in future :yes:
    :five:
    Keeping busy is good :yep: WOW you don't miss it, I can't back into reading how I used to, though I tried. This is now your new norm.

Dwelling on it isn't going to get me anywhere, so I'll try not to
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    :five:
    Keeping busy is good :yep: WOW you don't miss it, I can't back into reading how I used to, though I tried. This is now your new norm.

Dwelling on it isn't going to get me anywhere, so I'll try not to
    Yep it is
    :lol: I'm surprised I don't actually - but I guess things change

Awww I'm glad you think so because that's absolutely right In fact, dwelling on anything won't get anyone anywhere, but if only it were as easy to put into practice as it is to say :lol:

Btw shouldn't you be asleep/trying to sleep? After all, we're in in that 10pm-8am window But tbh even if you sleep for like 5 or so hours from 2am it'll be good. Small steps na - and "every little helps"
    • Welcome Squad

pleased, got my feedback for my first submission of a project and the tutor was really impressed with it, no negative comments all positive ones which really surprised me cos i thought it wasn't that great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Strange)
    Yep it is
    :lol: I'm surprised I don't actually - but I guess things change

Awww I'm glad you think so because that's absolutely right In fact, dwelling on anything won't get anyone anywhere, but if only it were as easy to put into practice as it is to say :lol:

Btw shouldn't you be asleep/trying to sleep? After all, we're in in that 10pm-8am window But tbh even if you sleep for like 5 or so hours from 2am it'll be good. Small steps na - and "every little helps"
    Embracing the change
    :hide: yh not so easy
    I'm generally awake at this time . . . Ji han, tiny tiny steps

ReputationRep:
    Depressed
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LunaCat)
    Depressed
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I did try to sleep for a whole hour before I got bored.

ReputationRep:
    My appetite has decreased so much especially in the morning....I want to eat but can’t ...sad times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    My appetite has decreased so much especially in the morning....I want to eat but can’t ...sad times
    Have you been stressed out lately? I lost my appetite a couple of months ago due to my mental health and I lost quite a bit of weight as a result. You should visit the GP if you’ve lost your appetite because it’s not good for your health.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    Have you been stressed out lately? I lost my appetite a couple of months ago due to my mental health and I lost quite a bit of weight as a result. You should visit the GP if you’ve lost your appetite because it’s not good for your health.
    I haven’t been stressed stressed tbh but just busy. And yh it’s all of a sudden, I just cbb eating and I don’t like it. Lol haven’t visited the GP for years. I will see if I get better during the week and try my best to eat more each day- if not will have to visit. Thanks, hope you’re better now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    I haven’t been stressed stressed tbh but just busy. And yh it’s all of a sudden, I just cbb eating and I don’t like it. Lol haven’t visited the GP for years. I will see if I get better during the week and try my best to eat more each day- if not will have to visit. Thanks, hope you’re better now?
    It’s really strange that it’s happened all of a sudden. Hopefully it gets better soon. If not, then it’s best to get it checked out. I’m feeling better thanks. Mine lasted about a whole month
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    That gif lol.

I have to agree with what Kevin Hodge said. Please look after yourself and try not to over work yourself or you'll just burn out, make sure you do see your GP if your appetite doesn't come back soon :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    It’s really strange that it’s happened all of a sudden. Hopefully it gets better soon. If not, then it’s best to get it checked out. I’m feeling better thanks. Mine lasted about a whole month
    Yh it is, I think it is because I’m not giving myself much time. I hope so insha’Allah!
    Agree. Just don’t want to lose weight 😭😅
    That’s good to know but sorry to hear that you went through that, must have been really tough but never lose hope and take care of yourself insha’Allah

(Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
    That gif lol.

I have to agree with what Kevin Hodge said. Please look after yourself and try not to over work yourself or you'll just burn out, make sure you do see your GP if your appetite doesn't come back soon :hugs:
    lol yh that’s so me rn though

I agree too. Thank you, will try my best
    And yep if it doesn’t improve, I will have to visit my GP 😭😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Yh it is, I think it is because I’m not giving myself much time. I hope so insha’Allah!
    Agree. Just don’t want to lose weight 😭😅
    That’s good to know but sorry to hear that you went through that, must have been really tough but never lose hope and take care of yourself insha’Allah

lol yh that’s so me rn though

I agree too. Thank you, will try my best
    And yep if it doesn’t improve, I will have to visit my GP 😭😂
    Make sure you take the time out to rest your mind and your body as well as eat and drink. If you don’t get better soon do make sure that you see someone about this. Inshallah you get better soon
    Thanks It was really weird as it was the first time it ever happened. I just didn’t feel hungry and every time I tried to eat I just couldn’t. I had to eventually force myself to eat

ReputationRep:
    Feeling like chicken ****- don't want to go outdoors :cry2: whhyyy did that have to happen? Walking cleared my head and now I don't feel like it and if I do go I'm just going to be wary and scared.
    That had become one of my new coping mechanisms and I hate that it's gone :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I need air --- can't get air. I can do this. No one beats me down again.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.