Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Pretty bad. I'm now 20. Probs can't get away with being so irresponsible for much longer.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    You know the feeling when you realise how much you love someone but know you can't tell them because they aren't here no more? That. Just imagining my future and it's so scary, but I feel like I've come on a journey and my life has changed. I'm going to do a degree in something I love so much, I want to save lives, have fun, be happy and just get on the right path of life. 18 months is all I say to a better future. Just hold on.

My head is spinning. I'm delirious. It would give me so much satisfaction to throw my laptop out the window and hear it crunch and splatter on the cobbles four floors below:daydreaming:
    I have to make an IT-based maths resource for my assignment, so I've made a clever little powerpoint based around a toy shop. When you click on an item in the picture, I've made it so you get taken to a slide based on that item and it tells you how much it costs etc. There's thirty slides in all. That was a lot of hyperlinking:cry2: On each slide there a picture of a purse with coins in and an empty hand, and I want to make it so that the coins can be dragged onto the hand. I dicovered that this requires making a 'macro', and unfortunately my version of powerpoint won't let you simply record a macro, you're expected to CODE THE INSTRUCTIONS YOURSELF.:dontknow: So I tried, I really tried, I spent all day yesterday and stayed up really late last night trying to work out how to write a code that'll let me move my coins, but I just couldn't do it. So I managed to find a pre-written code on the internet, spent hours messing around with that because it still wouldn't work, until I finally downloaded a powerpoint that had that macro enabled already and I copied all my slides onto THAT powerpoint instead. So now I have the macro. But I have to assign it to EACH COIN (there's about 20 coins on each of 30 slides). Powerpoint won't let you assign a macro to multiple objects at once.:no: It is taking forever. So I googled to find a solution and found a code for another macro that will let me do that. BUT, after ages trying, I couldn't get it to work. So now I'm facing assigning a macro to each stupid coin and I WANT TO SCREAM.
    I BETTER GET BLOODY 100% FOR EFFORT ON THIS STUPID ASSIGNMENT.
    :bawling:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Unbelievably relieved and EXTREMELY EXCITED OMGGG :woo:

ReputationRep:
    jesus f*cking christ what the ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    jesus f*cking christ what the ****
    Sup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    Sup?
    I'm just pissed off in general and it's being exacerbated by online poker. Not a monetary issue per se, but from what seems to be majority bad luck, with a few dumb mistakes of course, I've destroyed what I grew from my initial deposit, now back to around that starting amount, which is so annoying. It's pretty much the only thing I am interested in at the moment. Otherwise all I have is uni work and so many exams coming up. Doing well in uni will not be sufficient to do well in life; in fact I am quite sure I will not regardless. This however will probably make me do too little work and so fail and so destroy the only thing I have in life.

ReputationRep:
    I need to escape..............

Seriously can't take this anymore......................... .........

ReputationRep:
    Good good.

ReputationRep:
    I'm being treated like **** by the person who's supposed to treat me the best. I don't even know what i did wrong...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)

Everything okay? :console:

ReputationRep:
    : )
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers

Hey, is everything alright?

ReputationRep:
    my left upper wisdom tooth is coming through and it hurts
    • Political Ambassador

Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    Mine too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)

ReputationRep:
    I really want to go to sleep but i'm really upset so my brain won't chill out so i can't sleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Everything okay? :console:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    Hey, is everything alright?
    No

Lets just say my family is extremely dysfunctional, my parents don't love each other, my sister gets really angry quite often and according to my dad, you're not allowed to moan about anything because he works 12 hour shifts or whatever. Add to that, my mum constantly moaning about me not doing important stuff at home, despite the fact I am trying to revise more often.

Anyway, my sister triggered a family breakdown so everything is awkward and I can't stand it..... My mum says its upsetting when I say I want to go uni to get away from my family, but its stuf like this, it happens way too often

The sooner I get away, the better......
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    No

Lets just say my family is extremely dysfunctional, my parents don't love each other, my sister gets really angry quite often and according to my dad, you're not allowed to moan about anything because he works 12 hour shifts or whatever. Add to that, my mum constantly moaning about me not doing important stuff at home, despite the fact I am trying to revise more often.

Anyway, my sister triggered a family breakdown so everything is awkward and I can't stand it..... My mum says its upsetting when I say I want to go uni to get away from my family, but its stuf like this, it happens way too often

The sooner I get away, the better......
    Ahhhhh I'm really sorry to hear this man. That doesn't sound good at all. Is there anyone you can speak to about how you're feeling? Sometimes a listening ear can really help out - it could be a family member, a teacher, trusted friend or even someone from Samaritans or something like that.

It sounds like a pretty tough situation and I really hope it gets better soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Mine too
    wow
    (Original post by XOR_)
    what is this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.