The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angry Bird
gonna see a physio soon for my shoulder. Also I might be working at the machinima booth at comicon next month

Nice. :smile:
A great start to my birthday.:frown: We were going on a sort of 'walk-around' of the city today to look at the old buildings, which I was looking forward to. My little group went inside the castle and I thought about taking pictures for Chris, but then we went into the gift shop and I suddenly exploded with tears. i tried to hold them back, but I really did, I stared at the fire notice and blinked and blinked furiously for a few minutes, but it wasn't happening. I didn't want anybody to see, so I quickly left and made my way back to halls. Cue worried phone call from H asking where I was.

What made me so upset?
Hannah had told me previously that she'd get friends to come to Spoons so I could have a dessert. So when everyone was meeting at the starting point in the visitor centre, I asked my (previously) favourite friend A if she was coming to Spoons after we'd finished and she went, "NO, I need to save money" very abruptly. I was a bit shocked and upset, to say the least. I made a big effort for her birthday last year - spent a bit of money on her and got her a few really nice presents that I knew she'd like and a card. I'm not someone who demands presents or anything like that, but surely asking her to come to Spoons for my birthday isn't a big ask? :erm: I sort of see getting a close friend a card as a given on birthdays, too.:erm:

So I'm just sitting in my room now, a bit wounded, checking the postbox downstairs at intervals in the hope of a card from Chris or someone or something:frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Goaded
:frown: Sucks right? Just wanna talk to that one person, and you can't cos you know you :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ed it up

😢😢
Numb
Sneezing for England + feeling 'chesty' + more than a little 'snotty' = think I'm getting a cold.

Hope it's not 'Man Flu' which obviously is a killer...
Feel like crawling into my duvet and pretending i don't exist.
Oops already doing that
smashing
Original post by littlenorthernlass
A great start to my birthday.:frown: We were going on a sort of 'walk-around' of the city today to look at the old buildings, which I was looking forward to. My little group went inside the castle and I thought about taking pictures for Chris, but then we went into the gift shop and I suddenly exploded with tears. i tried to hold them back, but I really did, I stared at the fire notice and blinked and blinked furiously for a few minutes, but it wasn't happening. I didn't want anybody to see, so I quickly left and made my way back to halls. Cue worried phone call from H asking where I was.

What made me so upset?
Hannah had told me previously that she'd get friends to come to Spoons so I could have a dessert. So when everyone was meeting at the starting point in the visitor centre, I asked my (previously) favourite friend A if she was coming to Spoons after we'd finished and she went, "NO, I need to save money" very abruptly. I was a bit shocked and upset, to say the least. I made a big effort for her birthday last year - spent a bit of money on her and got her a few really nice presents that I knew she'd like and a card. I'm not someone who demands presents or anything like that, but surely asking her to come to Spoons for my birthday isn't a big ask? :erm: I sort of see getting a close friend a card as a given on birthdays, too.:erm:

So I'm just sitting in my room now, a bit wounded, checking the postbox downstairs at intervals in the hope of a card from Chris or someone or something:frown:

If yeh made your address public I'm sure you'd get a card or two

Or a stalker...
I miss my best friend a lot :cry2: I need to see her soon but it's so hard to organise something :cry:
Original post by CoolCavy
Feel like crawling into my duvet and pretending i don't exist.
Oops already doing that

whats up?
I don't want pity
Original post by chelseafreak
whats up?

Sorry for the late reply :redface:, thank you for asking :hugs:
quite a few things but i dont really want to write them publically :redface:
i do feel a bit better now for crying and things and have made up with the one person who cares who i was trying to push away.
now i just feel tired and emotionally drained but hopefully slightly on track again :redface:
hope ur doing well yourself :cube:
sometimes i cry bout things that aint gonna happen ^^
confused, lonely, anxious and sad
Really upset and no idea what to do about the really difficult situation i am in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry for the late reply :redface:, thank you for asking :hugs:
quite a few things but i dont really want to write them publically :redface:
i do feel a bit better now for crying and things and have made up with the one person who cares who i was trying to push away.
now i just feel tired and emotionally drained but hopefully slightly on track again :redface:
hope ur doing well yourself :cube:

ok, good to hear you feel a bit better :smile:.
Original post by My Moon <3
Hey, i wasnt on about my previous post when i said nobody cares btw.
How is it a good thing though?
Feeling better, sorry couldnt reply earlier

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heya. Sorry, I was cleaning 22 hours ago, so couldn't exactly reply

I say a good thing,as a lot of people go about life, putting on a facade, a mask if you like and you're willing to let society see your vulnerable side. In a way, that's a bad thing as it means people can take advantage, but in a way you're a lot braver than most, for taking off your mask.

Original post by Goaded
:frown: Sucks right? Just wanna talk to that one person, and you can't cos you know you :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ed it up

Pretty much
Thank you Internet :hugs: i do hope so, i mean im under no illusions that uni will be easy or anything but it will be nice not to have to juggle 3 separate subjects all the time :redface:
and thank you for that :hugs: tbh i can see it going either way, im either going to be successful or something bad is going to happen to me i feel. Even if i am successful though idk that it will have that much of a positive outcome because even if i got some high flying corporate job in a design company which is what i want because i have to have structure and high intensity fast moving stuff to keep my mind occupied, all those jobs are in the city which isnt an environment i like particularly and tbh if i had a breakdown over A2 then i cant see myself managing some global company or anything without destroying myself.
ty for ur support and nice words :hugs:

In theory you should be doing whatever you like too!
Hmmm... I getcha on the city point. Tbh, at uni, I though the absolute most important thing is..money. Now, I'm still fairly money minded, but I think that happiness is more important. You can often find professional jobs at seaside places (Though expect to pay a lot to live there

Also, tbh the latter is me most of the time too. I don't know if a lot of other people "wing it" It seems that a lot of stuff in the corporate world, is about you knowing a tiny bit to sound absolutely amazing

I think I finally understand 'sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me'.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Bit bored...

Latest