Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Watched a film and I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to cry hysterically from beginning to end, even thinking about it sets me off and I'm on the verge of tears. :sad:

And it was a film for children tbh, how embarrassing. :ashamed:
    Bridge to terabithia?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Bridge to terabithia?
    The good dinosaur

lol :ashamed2:

bridge to terabithia was sad too, but not in an intense sad way :emo:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    The good dinosaur

lol :ashamed2:

bridge to terabithia was sad too, but not in an intense sad way :emo:
    i haven't actually seen it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    i haven't actually seen it
    Watch it!!! Recommend it, despite the emotional turmoil it might bring
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Watch it!!! Recommend it, despite the emotional turmoil it might bring
    i watched la la land over 3 months ago and i still haven't recovered from that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    Mine's typical Asian
    Mine are Chinese

(Original post by starfab)
    Talking about typical asian, some random Asian woman paired me off with some random guy, eh. Caused a lot of amusement for my family.
    was he a good guy?

ReputationRep:
    Though not for you I guess
    Exactly. The look of total horror on my face had my family cracking up. She caught me unawares.
    I think my family like to wind me up and this one gets a reaction out of me fast, in a worry they may get any ideas.

(Original post by ForestShadow)
    Mine are Chinese

was he a good guy?
    Mine are Indian.

I've no idea. Never heard of him until this happened, let alone seen him. Totally random.
    I'd like to think so, seeing as the lady was already planning a wedding! :mad: :rofl:
    Certain people are to be avoided...

ReputationRep:

Mine are Indian.

I've no idea. Never heard of him until this happened, let alone seen him. Totally random.
    I'd like to think so, seeing as the lady was already planning a wedding! :mad: :rofl:
    Certain people are to be avoided...
    eh what can you do when they come knocking on your doorstep with their wedding plans all laid out, do you parents know youre not into that sorta thing?

ReputationRep:
    Forest is technically Asian lol. I went to a wedding today and the groom had the exact same name. Like bloody hell...

prob won't log on for months after this

but been through a lot recently and tryin to fix up as best as I can, sometimes it's v difficult

we'll see what happens, but imma stay positive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    eh what can you do when they come knocking on your doorstep with their wedding plans all laid out, do you parents know youre not into that sorta thing?
    My parents know that when it's to do with me, what I say goes. They'd never marry me off to someone without my former consent
    :rofl: the poor unsuspectimg soul that would dare to come knocking with all their plans laid out.

ReputationRep:
    My parents know that when it's to do with me, what I say goes. They'd never marry me off to someone without my former consent
    :rofl: the poor unsuspectimg soul that would dare to come knocking with all their plans laid out.
    Lucky, that's for sure tbh

ReputationRep:
    Lucky, that's for sure tbh
    Hmm, lucky in what sense?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, lucky in what sense?
    As in, not typically Asian

ReputationRep:
    I come with gifts. I marry the hot one yes?

ReputationRep:
    As in, not typically Asian
    I wouldn't be too sure of that :rofl:
    They're still Asian. You can take the Asians out of Asia, but you can't take the Asian out of them :lol:

(Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    I come with gifts. I marry the hot one yes?
    Oh, you'd be invited in to be served tea, biscuits then you'd be shown the door. From me you'd be getting a :slap: or two

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be too sure of that :rofl:
    They're still Asian. You can take the Asians out of Asia, but you can't take the Asian out of them :lol:

Oh, you'd be invited in to be served tea, biscuits then you'd be shown the door. From me you'd be getting a :slap: or two
    Perhaps. I think mum was saying that for an "aunty" (ie: uncle's wife), that my actual immediate aunty (and mum's immediate sister ofc), was somehow leading her kids astray as she wants her kids married by... 18.

I said to my mum one thing, "Welcome to the west"

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps. I think mum was saying that for an "aunty" (ie: uncle's wife), that my actual immediate aunty (and mum's immediate sister ofc), was somehow leading her kids astray as she wants her kids married by... 18.

I said to my mum one thing, "Welcome to the west"
    Hmm whats wrong with marriage at 18?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm whats wrong with marriage at 18?
    Literally nothing at all, but she basically wants her kids to just.."do it for her mum" even if it means sacrificing her own happiness.

ReputationRep:
    Literally nothing at all, but she basically wants her kids to just.."do it for her mum" even if it means sacrificing her own happiness.
    Ah hell no.
    See this is what I can never get about the Asian mentality, what pleasure can a mother get seeing her daughter/son married, in a marriage the daughter/son wasn't happy with in the first place.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.