Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Ah hell no.
    See this is what I can never get about the Asian mentality, what pleasure can a mother get seeing her daughter/son married, in a marriage the daughter/son wasn't happy with in the first place.
    Yup. Totally agreed. Tbh when parents bring up stuff like that it actually makes me less happy for... reasons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    Yup. Totally agreed. Tbh when parents bring up stuff like that it actually makes me less happy for... reasons
    I take it you don't want to go into the reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Exhausted but happy
    • Welcome Squad

why are the things outside my window so bloody creepy
    i guess it comes as a part of living near a forest but at twilight you have that creepy birdsong and now you have the foxes screaming their faces off
    anyway managed to pull some productivity out of the bag so that's something, after all may as well do another subject whilst ur having a block with a different one

ReputationRep:
    I am fed up.:sigh:

I barely ever speak unless it's necessary.

So I just hate people who have no filter and just speak whatever they are thinking out loud.:blah:

It just makes you look stupid and uneducated.

EDIT unless it's TSR I speak all sorts of s*** on here. Because who cares.

ReputationRep:
    Right now, somewhat happy. Went to the park etc..

Oh TSR I must tell you something. I feel ever so bad. I live in an illusion of my mind, where I pretend to be confident and pretty. Imagine it's like a bubble. I push out all the feelings of 'old' me and pretend I'm new me. Illusion/new me lives like a normal person so I still feel bad and lonely etc, but the REALLY bad feelings of inadequacy and ugliness and embarrassment and unconfidence are pushed out. It's like constantly trying to stop yourself thinking of something in particular, like Maltesers. You have to keep pushing that thought out.
      If ever the illusion breaks and I remember and feel like old, embarrassing me, I feel awful, depressed and hot under the collar. It is extremely uncomfortable. And once the illusion breaks, it's like a wheel is broken; the momentum is broken. It takes a great amount of mind control to push oldme out and remind myself of newme and MAKE myself believe it.

As you can probably guess, the wheel broke before so I'm trying really hard to remind myself that I'm a fairy, I don't care what anybody thinks and I'm unique and special and full of life and happy etcetc. I have to really try. Feeling like oldme is utterly horrible. It really feels like my insides are DROWNING with shame and I just feel awful. Genuinely makes you want to curl up and die. Being at home puts a lot of friction on the wheel. Going back to work at my old job especially does. It's weird because I used to consider oldme as pre-late 2013, but now there are aspects of before uni that I've started to consider at oldme, such as my old job.

Also, when the wheel is flowing and I have managed to kid myself into the illusion of happylittlenorthernlass, I often have to keep feeding it - whether by new clothes, or a new hairdo, or just something to make myself feel good about myself.

Someone please spin my wheel.:cry:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
      Someone please spin my wheel.:cry:

ReputationRep:
      Strong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      I'll just be grateful :h:

ReputationRep:
      Feeling okay apart from...

1. All the very bloody and sad things that seem to be happening in our world.

2. On a very much less important level - getting fed up with the trolls on TSR - my 'sighs' are running out.

Hey ho

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by h333)
      I'll just be grateful :h:
      awwwwwwwwww
      • Welcome Squad

tfw when something important is happening today :macarena:
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Amused

Mum ordered all the "bride to be", "Gran of the bride", "aunt of the bride" etc sashes for my hen night and now she has just clicked that instead of ordering "mother of the bride" for her, she bloody ordered "mother to be" by accident ffs lol she's not due a baby but she's deffo due an eye test after getting that wrong sash :laugh:
      Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Not happy at all
      Attached Images

• TSR Support Team
      • Peer Support Volunteers
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing awful, jfc just done with people.
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooored.
      & annoyed because I can't find my notebook

My mean friend H...messaged me at seven o clock this morning asking how many references I'd done:indiff: Replied back at a later hour (don't appreciate being woken up early by anyone other than one person) and said 17. Just seen now that she messaged me at half 3 asking she could read it!!!! The cheek!!:rant: The essay was due in at 4pm today so that's given me a convenient excuse to ignore her - it's too late! :devil: She shouldn't have left it so late.
        I'm on a 1-10pm work shift today anyway so I submitted mine yesterday.
        This is karma for her making no effort on my birthday. :yy: Bet she gets a better mark than me as well...that's what happened last time after I let her read mine :cry:
        • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
        Relieved

My papa is doing ok after his op earlier today :woo::yep:
        • Welcome Squad

Thrilled :crazy:

(that's genuinely not sarcastic lol, for once i am indeed happy :dance:)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
      AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.