The Student Room Group

A-level choices??

I have to submit my A-level choices tomorrow (last minute I know) and I seriously cannot choose between History and French. I have no idea what career/uni course I want to go into so I'm trying to keep my options open. I'm picking Biology, Chemistry and English Lit. I love both of them, got an A* in History last year in my 4th year module and an A* in my French Mock this year. Both teachers and departments are trying to convince me to do both.
Reply 1
Original post by Cate1541
I have to submit my A-level choices tomorrow (last minute I know) and I seriously cannot choose between History and French. I have no idea what career/uni course I want to go into so I'm trying to keep my options open. I'm picking Biology, Chemistry and English Lit. I love both of them, got an A* in History last year in my 4th year module and an A* in my French Mock this year. Both teachers and departments are trying to convince me to do both.

I would recommend trying to compare what appeals to you most about each subject, and what puts you off to see which has the most negatives. As far as I can tell though they both have similar amounts of workload. Personally I would choose french, simply because it is useful to have a language- but that doesn't mean it is the right choice. Choose french only if you can rule out wanting to do a History degree, and only choose history if you can rule out wanting to do a degree in french.

Quick Reply

Latest