The Student Room Group

Changing course after foundation year?

Hi all

I am currently on a 4 year course doing Psychology with foundation year. I'm currently in the second semester of the foundation year but I want to drop out at the end of this academic year, as I now want to study nursing.

I've been accepted onto a access to nursing course starting in september to give me the requirements to apply for nursing courses. However, I'm just wondering whether it would be worth trying to apply for this September? I know it's late but do you think the foundation year might make up for low a level grades? (In this year i study psychology, core maths and statistics)

If I was to apply now would I have to tell my University to apply to ucas through them or could I do it as an independent application?

Thanks for any replies
Original post by jalana
Hi all

I am currently on a 4 year course doing Psychology with foundation year. I'm currently in the second semester of the foundation year but I want to drop out at the end of this academic year, as I now want to study nursing.

I've been accepted onto a access to nursing course starting in september to give me the requirements to apply for nursing courses. However, I'm just wondering whether it would be worth trying to apply for this September? I know it's late but do you think the foundation year might make up for low a level grades? (In this year i study psychology, core maths and statistics)

If I was to apply now would I have to tell my University to apply to ucas through them or could I do it as an independent application?

Thanks for any replies

you would do it as an independent student :smile: I think it's unlikely that many universities would accept late applications for nursing, email or call them before you make a ucas application to be sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending