Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got unconditional for both schools, where would be a better option for international student? Is the gap between two schools big?

ReputationRep:
    UCL is known as being one of the most international universities in the UK - 29% of all undergraduates are overseas students, and over 36% of all law students are overseas too. This means they have a huge infrastructure for international students.

The gap between KCL and UCL is not significant enough to really be worth worrying about, demonstrated by the long-standing and fierce rivalry between them. Therefore ultimately i would decide between them by thinking out which university would provide a lifestyle more suited to you and your interests. UCL is known to be slightly more socially orientated than KCL, whereas many i know would say KCL's proximity to affordable eating places is its biggest asset! Both are outstanding universities to study law, so either way i think you will be making a good choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ehdrlf22)
    Got unconditional for both schools, where would be a better option for international student? Is the gap between two schools big?
    Also an international student with offers for both schools. This is how I see it having talked to various people at UCL and at King's. Generally, UCL is considered better than King's. This has many reasons, few of them might be - UCL is a leading world-renowned faculty and simply has an academic edge over King's. UCL accepts fewer people and has higher entry standards. Tutorials at UCL consist of only 8 or less people. Also the general reputation of UCL as a university is much higher than the one of King's. Additionally, UCL is getting a new (renovated) law building this year and therefore new facilities mean a modern and attractive study environment.

Of course, there is a lot of tension between these two universities as they are perceived rivals. However, I have been browsing internet articles, rankings, TSR and came to a conclusion that UCL is simply better at pretty much everything. Starting with reputation, ending with selectivity of its student (especially for law).

Note that this is my personal reasoning why I will be choosing UCL over King's, you might perceive it differently.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.