Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got unconditional for both schools, where would be a better option for international student? Is the gap between two schools big?

ReputationRep:
    UCL is known as being one of the most international universities in the UK - 29% of all undergraduates are overseas students, and over 36% of all law students are overseas too. This means they have a huge infrastructure for international students.

The gap between KCL and UCL is not significant enough to really be worth worrying about, demonstrated by the long-standing and fierce rivalry between them. Therefore ultimately i would decide between them by thinking out which university would provide a lifestyle more suited to you and your interests. UCL is known to be slightly more socially orientated than KCL, whereas many i know would say KCL's proximity to affordable eating places is its biggest asset! Both are outstanding universities to study law, so either way i think you will be making a good choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ehdrlf22)
    Got unconditional for both schools, where would be a better option for international student? Is the gap between two schools big?
    Also an international student with offers for both schools. This is how I see it having talked to various people at UCL and at King's. Generally, UCL is considered better than King's. This has many reasons, few of them might be - UCL is a leading world-renowned faculty and simply has an academic edge over King's. UCL accepts fewer people and has higher entry standards. Tutorials at UCL consist of only 8 or less people. Also the general reputation of UCL as a university is much higher than the one of King's. Additionally, UCL is getting a new (renovated) law building this year and therefore new facilities mean a modern and attractive study environment.

Of course, there is a lot of tension between these two universities as they are perceived rivals. However, I have been browsing internet articles, rankings, TSR and came to a conclusion that UCL is simply better at pretty much everything. Starting with reputation, ending with selectivity of its student (especially for law).

Note that this is my personal reasoning why I will be choosing UCL over King's, you might perceive it differently.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 8, 2017

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.