Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How Donald Trump Becoming President Has Motivated Me Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If anyone had told me, in 2015, that Donald Trump would be the next American president, I wouldn't have believed them. Before the whirlwind of the general election, I knew little about Donald Trump. I knew he was a celebrity and that he had a reality show called The Apprentice. In my mind, he was like an American Alan Sugar. I’d never seen him in any interviews or even paid any attention to anything he did, so I never really formed an opinion about him.

All of this changed when he put himself forward as a candidate; then he was all over the news. But again I wasn’t paying much attention. 2016 was a mix of studying for finals, planning an 8 week trip abroad, preparing for F1 amongst other things. My mum would be my filter and fill me in on the latest shocking Trump related incident.

I was amused. This guy couldn’t be president surely? Amusement turned to shock.

I still cannot even fathom how he's done it. How do you get from no political experience to president of the United States of America?

My mind is still trying to understand it, but it made me think: how many things do I think are out of the realms of possibility? How many ideas have I pushed aside because I'm unable to envision their reality? It’s made me more motivated to take risks and try things out but to also be conscious on how I go about it. I want to experience amazing opportunities but through the right means. I want to be able to be proud of the journey as well as the outcome.

Just wanted to know if anyone else feels the same??

Anything can happen, that's life.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by CountYourBlessings14)
      Anything can happen, that's life.
      So does it not make you feel anything one way or the other. Or do you not feel affected it by it? Just curious

ReputationRep:
      Yes! If everyone saw trump and felt the same motivation to break barriers again as America once always did, then America would actually be great again.

ReputationRep:
      I now have hope that a future Democrat President will be able to ban firearms.

For years they have felt constrained by the Constitution but a future President does not need to be bound by what a so-called judge says when trying to protect American people from terror attacks.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by zayn008)
      Yes! If everyone saw trump and felt the same motivation to break barriers again as America once always did, then America would actually be great again.
      Could you expand? I don't quite get what you mean

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
      I now have hope that a future Democrat President will be able to ban firearms.

For years they have felt constrained by the Constitution but a future President does not need to be bound by what a so-called judge says when trying to protect American people from terror attacks.
      That would be something to look forward to

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MedicZd)
      I still cannot even fathom how he's done it. How do you get from no political experience to president of the United States of America?
      It's worse - he doesn't understand or respect the constitution, and fails to think before he opens his mouth - it's not a reality TV show! He's basically behaving like Putin - repeating lies until some people believe him and rubbishing anyone that values the truth - threatening the media with losing access. His insults to judges are unbefitting of his office, and show a lack of understanding of the three branches of US government. He appears to think that he is CEO of the USA - his family business.

The voters that thought that he'd make a good president were, at best, duped.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RogerOxon)
      He appears to think that he is CEO of the USA - his family business.
      I think that's the most accurate description I've come across so far

ReputationRep:
      This is a very interesting take on it, and a refreshing change from all the doomery and gloomery and whining of the left. In short, grab life by the... you know where!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.