Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am 24 Years old and I'm currently set for University this September, I currently work full time living away from home, and will still be 24 when starting, I will be continuing to live away from home whilst studying and would like to continue working Part-Time will my application be based solely on my income which I am earning from work?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelDewdney)
    Hi, I am 24 Years old and I'm currently set for University this September, I currently work full time living away from home, and will still be 24 when starting, I will be continuing to live away from home whilst studying and would like to continue working Part-Time will my application be based solely on my income which I am earning from work?
    You'll need to prove that you've been financially independent for 3 years (they don't have to be consecutive) prior to the start of your course in order to be classed as "independent". Normally this would be P60 or payslips proving that you've earned over ~£7k pa (SFE are a bit cagey about the exact amount).

If you prove this then as an independent student the only income that would be assessed would be your partner's income (if you have one) and your own expected UNEARNED income during your study (so if you get money from trust funds or rental of properties you own (!!)). Your own EARNED income from part time work isn't included in any assessments.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.