Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello my name is Elle,
    I was wondering if anyone else took this course well that was at college and what they went on to university and what they did or what are they doing. im only in my first year of this course but i know you have think about uni quiet early. I want to go to university because i dont know want to work in a nursery all my life ( if you do i don't have anything against you) i like to challenge my self i would really like to work with children with special needs/ addtional needs at the end of this college year im doing a two week placement at a behaviour school and im so excited, both of my aunties are teachers in infants and juniors.

If you could let me know what you did after you finished and want course you are studying and a little about it it would be a massive favour thank you
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Elleee1234)
    Hello my name is Elle,
    I was wondering if anyone else took this course well that was at college and what they went on to university and what they did or what are they doing. im only in my first year of this course but i know you have think about uni quiet early. I want to go to university because i dont know want to work in a nursery all my life ( if you do i don't have anything against you) i like to challenge my self i would really like to work with children with special needs/ addtional needs at the end of this college year im doing a two week placement at a behaviour school and im so excited, both of my aunties are teachers in infants and juniors.

If you could let me know what you did after you finished and want course you are studying and a little about it it would be a massive favour thank you
    I didn't take this course but I know lots of people who did.
    Here are some options:
    - Become a special educational needs teaching assistant (or a normal one!)
    - Do a foundation degree to become a higher level teaching assistant
    - Study Childhood Studies or SEN degree at uni and work in the special needs sector
    - Study the above with a PGCE (or just a Primary Education degree) and become a teacher.
    - Become an ed psych, speech therapist etc.

SEN teaching is definitely not for the faint hearted - you have to be really committed! Get some experience and figure out if it is for you. You could always become a primary teacher and then do a masters in SEN and become a SEN coordinator at your school.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I did the same course couple of years ago! I went on to university to do primary ed without qts and now have applied for pgce primary for September 2017. It is good to have a focus as I know towards the end not many choose the university path.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Thanks for your reply if you do primary education without qts do you still need a C grade in GCSE science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by proveduwrong)
    Hi I did the same course couple of years ago! I went on to university to do primary ed without qts and now have applied for pgce primary for September 2017. It is good to have a focus as I know towards the end not many choose the university path.
    Hi Thanks for your reply if you do primary education without qts do you still need a C grade in GCSE science

ReputationRep:
    Hi yes you do to become s teacher. I’m on the special needs and disability degree. Considering doing my masters. However I don’t have gcse science. I would need to attend evening classes to get this
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.