The Student Room Group

Just found out my ex deleted loads of stuff off my PC

Was wondering why a bunch of my work dissapeared quite a while ago. Theres a lot of things I looked for for different uni assignments but couldn't find them.

Was looking through the recycle bin and found it all in there along with loads of other stuff.

Crazy ***** LOL. What is wrong with some people seriously. Not seen her in half a year and I still find out crazy **** that she's done.
wow what a moron. She should have emptied the recycling bin too. Inept fool.
Raahtid
Reply 3
Original post by STEMisSuperior.
wow what a moron. She should have emptied the recycling bin too. Inept fool.

She's one of them dumbass girls that get through life by getting free handouts for being hot and using people lmao.
I guess things ended smoothly then?
Reply 5
Just do regular back ups and put a password on your user profile. If she does do it again and deletes it from the recycling bin. I think but someone might have to correct me here, If it's deleted from the recycling bin, it's could still be on the harddrive because the OS just removes the pointer in memory of where it is stored. So to the end user it appears deleted, but it's still on the harddrive, just no pointer pointing it out. I think this only works if you have spare capacity as well, because if not, it will just write over the bits without pointers because the OS thinks their is nothing of worthness of keeping there. So you can get one of those computer forensic people to recover the file possible if it's really needy because I think you can just set up a new pointer to it and it will magically re appear on the computer.

Could be wrong with all that though. Computers might of changed since the last I looked in to them in detail.

Seems a strange thing to do. Unless it's a joke, which not a very funny one.
This is why I have multiple backups lmao
Original post by ChickenMadness
She's one of them dumbass girls that get through life by getting free handouts for being hot and using people lmao.

Oh, those ones

Unlucky you had to experience one
Reply 8
Original post by Big_Jon
Just do regular back ups and put a password on your user profile. If she does do it again and deletes it from the recycling bin. I think but someone might have to correct me here, If it's deleted from the recycling bin, it's could still be on the harddrive because the OS just removes the pointer in memory of where it is stored. So to the end user it appears deleted, but it's still on the harddrive, just no pointer pointing it out. I think this only works if you have spare capacity as well, because if not, it will just write over the bits without pointers because the OS thinks their is nothing of worthness of keeping there. So you can get one of those computer forensic people to recover the file possible if it's really needy because I think you can just set up a new pointer to it and it will magically re appear on the computer.

Could be wrong with all that though. Computers might of changed since the last I looked in to them in detail.

Seems a strange thing to do. Unless it's a joke, which not a very funny one.

She won't do it again because we broke up last summer. I didn't lose anything that important to me.

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I guess things ended smoothly then?

no :smile:
atleast she didn't break the laptop...

Except didnt you date her for being hot and allow or werent clever enough tp prevent yourself being used?

Lucky she didnt do a proper job and why didnt you keep backups?
oh ****, lucky it was still in the recycle bin
Reply 12
no :smile:

Original post by 999tigger
Except didnt you date her for being hot and allow or werent clever enough tp prevent yourself being used?

Lucky she didnt do a proper job and why didnt you keep backups?

Nah she lied to me about everything from the first day I met her and I didn't expect someone to be so evil ngl. She made me happy when i was depressed. I just ignored red flags because I was lonely lol.

Because I like to live life on the edge :laugh:

Original post by retro_turtles
atleast she didn't break the laptop...

She actually broke my £600 PC monitor (160 fps #PCmasterrace) by throwing my phone at it but I made her buy a new one :rofl:

edit: She broke my smart phone by stepping on it when she was drunk as well but I didn't make her pay for it because it was an accident lol. Thats why I use a brick now lmao.
Original post by AshEntropy

lol
(edited 7 years ago)

She actually broke my £600 PC monitor (160 fps #PCmasterrace) by throwing my phone at it but I made her buy a new one :rofl:

don't get what it is with people breaking things, like i would cry if i broke something :lol:
HAHA so she went through all that effort but ended up forgetting to empty the recycling bin. Nice backfire that. And a stroke of luck for you, too.
Original post by StormCommando
HAHA so she went through all that effort but ended up forgetting to empty the recycling bin. Nice backfire that. And a stroke of luck for you, too.

Ofc she could have done it just to give him a scare.

Mist people know to delete something they have to empty the recycle bin. Anyway lucky for the OP.
Original post by StormCommando

ye I got a bunch of decent paintings back :redface:
Original post by 999tigger
Ofc she could have done it just to give him a scare.

Mist people know to delete something they have to empty the recycle bin. Anyway lucky for the OP.

Not much of a scare. More of a 'huh, that's weird'

Then finding out what she done it half a year later lmao.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending