Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I live in Poland AMA Watch

ReputationRep:
    As the title says. I may or may not be extremely bored. Yes, I am Polish.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    What is your favourite type of kluski? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Don't have one. Frankly, I can't even recall the last time I've eaten it.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    opinion on Brexit?

ReputationRep:
    Can you think in Polish?
    Can you think in English?

What languages do you speak fluently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyler bentham)
    opinion on Brexit?
    Well, I wish it had never happened. It may have ruined my plans to study in the UK and live there afterwards. When it comes to the economic impact of it, some parts of the financial sector will be hurt. Some firms may change the place where they pay taxes to European countries. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that some actual inflation may reappear which isn't that bad of a thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fyey)
    Can you think in Polish?
    Can you think in English?

What languages do you speak fluently?
    I can think in both. Although I almost always find myself thinking in English. I can also speak German.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wienerwald)
    I can think in both. Although I almost always find myself thinking in English. I can also speak German.
    What does that mean that you can think in both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fyey)
    What does that mean that you can think in both?
    For example. when I am reading a news article in English, I analyze it and kind of comment on it in my head using English. While speaking it, my brain doesn't 'translate' Polish into English. Therefore, I am able to think in the language. The same goes for Polish. Though I do have to say that more often than not, while reading something in Polish, my brain is in 'English mode'. I hope that is sufficiently explanatory.

ReputationRep:
    For example. when I am reading a news article in English, I analyze it and kind of comment on it in my head using English. While speaking it, my brain doesn't 'translate' Polish into English. Therefore, I am able to think in the language. The same goes for Polish. Though I do have to say that more often than not, while reading something in Polish, my brain is in 'English mode'. I hope that is sufficiently explanatory.
    What about when thinking on your own?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fyey)
    What about when thinking on your own?
    English. Thinking in the language also serves as a means of practice since I don't generally have too many occasions to speak it.

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard of Edward Rydz-Smigly? Is he common knowledge in Poland? And if so, what do you know about him and what is the general impression people have of him?

ReputationRep:
    English. Thinking in the language also serves as a means of practice since I don't generally have too many occasions to speak it.
    Can you use Polish instead when thinking on your own?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StormCommando)
    Have you heard of Edward Rydz-Smigly? Is he common knowledge in Poland? And if so, what do you know about him and what is the general impression people have of him?
    I believe that he was a Polish general/marshal during the Second World War. He is widely respected here, although I don't really know anything about him since I am not patriotic at all.

Princessa Kokosawa? do you like it? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by fyey)
      Can you use Polish instead when thinking on your own?
      Yes, however I have to force it.

ReputationRep:
      Would you rather have Kaliningrad in Russian hands, or have it returned to Germany as Königsberg?

ReputationRep:
      hey guys,
      I'm Polish too

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by homeland.lsw)
      Princessa Kokosawa? do you like it? :holmes:
      Well, Princessa Kokosowa is a pretty good snack as far as I know. The last time it was in my mouth may have been a few years ago so I don't really know whether or not I liked it.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.