Turn on thread page Beta

I live in Poland AMA watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Favorite type of pierogi?

Zywiec or Okocim?
    With a white cheese filling. I don't drink alcohol as I'm 16 years old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wienerwald)
    Given the fact that 90% of Polish emigrants behave exactly how you said, I can fully understand your decision.
    lol u know

ReputationRep:
    On a scale of 1-10 how bad is racism within Poland? I've heard some people say it's totally ok, and others say some bad things about it (although I guess it depends on the area)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percypig17)
    On a scale of 1-10 how bad is racism within Poland? I've heard some people say it's totally ok, and others say some bad things about it (although I guess it depends on the area)
    6/10. It isn't as bad as some people claim but generally speaking the less educated someone is the more racist they are. Other reasons for racism in Poland include the fact that the lion's share of Poles think very highly of themselves without an apparent reason and the lack of foreigners in the country.

ReputationRep:
    Over 800,000 Poles live in the UK. I'm not being nasty, i'm just asking a question. How do you honestly think Poles would feel if nearly a million Brits were to move to Poland?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    Over 800,000 Poles live in the UK. I'm not being nasty, i'm just asking a question. How do you honestly think Poles would feel if nearly a million Brits were to move to Poland?
    I wouldn't mind it.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind it.
    I didn't mean you personally. I meant Polish people in general as a population. Lots of Eastern Europeans seem to be reluctant to have anyone other than their own nationality living in their country, so the native population does not become "diluted".

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mean you personally. I meant Polish people in general as a population. Lots of Eastern Europeans seem to be reluctant to have anyone other than their own nationality living in their country, so the native population does not become "diluted".
    I don't want to sound mean but you might have just answered your own question.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to sound mean but you might have just answered your own question.
    I don't understand. I wanted to know what Polish people/ Eastern Europeans thought about non natives living in their country? The OP says he would be fine with it but would the general population be happy with almost a million Brits living and working there? Would they really?

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand. I wanted to know what Polish people/ Eastern Europeans thought about non natives living in their country? The OP says he would be fine with it but would the general population be happy with almost a million Brits living and working there? Would they really?
    You wrote that 'Lots of Eastern Europeans seem to be reluctant to have anyone other than their own nationality living in their country' and this is indeed true. I suppose you must have misunderstood my point. I believe that the general Polish population wouldn't be too happy about this. This is mainly because western values have been present in Poland and Eastern Europe for less than 30 years.

ReputationRep:
    BREXIT!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of Islam and Muslims?

ReputationRep:
    Thread closed.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    As the title says. I may or may not be extremely bored. Yes, I am Polish.
    Hello Poland!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Re-Humanisation)
    What do you think of Islam and Muslims?
    I'm muslim btw

ReputationRep:
    Eastern Europe is a backward society.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.