The Student Room Group

Is there a legal maximum to the number of classroom/lecture hours?

We are currently being overworked with days starting at 9 and ending at 7 in the evening. I was just wondering if it's legal to have 25+ hours of classes starting in the morning and ending at 7 everyday? I commute by train to uni meaning it isn't worth it to go back home during 2 hour breaks. This means I have to stay in uni for 10 hours a day. Any thoughts?
Not really no as far as I'm aware. Medics probably have longer or similar hours.
25 hours is really not extreme. You should be treating your degree like a full time, which means you should be putting in 40 hours a week. So those two hour breaks can be used to study and work on assignments.
This didn't answer my question
Original post by ghassan_alsaleh
We are currently being overworked with days starting at 9 and ending at 7 in the evening. I was just wondering if it's legal to have 25+ hours of classes starting in the morning and ending at 7 everyday? I commute by train to uni meaning it isn't worth it to go back home during 2 hour breaks. This means I have to stay in uni for 10 hours a day. Any thoughts?

So you have a 9-5 day. Like any normal working person? Oh no, not like a normal working person because you get a two-hour lunch break.

Suck it up.
Reply 5
Original post by ghassan_alsaleh

Don't commute then, get a place in hall or locally.

Which university is this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending