Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from KCL (Strand campus) and I'm going to firm my place. In April when we are choosing our accommodation, should I choose an intercollegiate hall? Or King's housing (Moonraker or Urbanest Westminster)?

My priorities are:
    1. located at a walking distance to/from Strand Campus
    2. Lively social scene
    3. Clean/relatively modern
    4. en-suite

I am worried that if I choose an intercollegiate hall or Urbanest, there won't be many King's students so I will be left out. is this the case?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    As someone at UCL staying in an intercollegiate hall, I can definitely say you wont be left out! there will be a considerable number of Kings students, not to mention being at an intercollegiate hall you're pretty likely to join in with other university freshers fairs, nights out, library revision sessions etc. Intercollegiate halls are great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelefi)
    As someone at UCL staying in an intercollegiate hall, I can definitely say you wont be left out! there will be a considerable number of Kings students, not to mention being at an intercollegiate hall you're pretty likely to join in with other university freshers fairs, nights out, library revision sessions etc. Intercollegiate halls are great!
    Thanks for your reply! sounds great to hear that the social scene will be nice with not only KCL students but other london uni students. Do quite a lot of first-year students choose to stay at an intercollegiate hall? I am thinking about the Garden Halls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musso123)
    Thanks for your reply! sounds great to hear that the social scene will be nice with not only KCL students but other london uni students. Do quite a lot of first-year students choose to stay at an intercollegiate hall? I am thinking about the Garden Halls.
    The intercollegiate halls are quite packed! I'm not sure about garden halls, but College hall is completely full aha.
    Garden halls is a very nice place as well

ReputationRep:
    How is the catering at College Hall?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.