Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody,

Does anyone have reliable information on recent competition ratios for Irish GP training schemes? Neither the ICGP nor the training schemes themselves seem to want to tell me...

Cheers,
    dante

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dante14)
    Hello everybody,

Does anyone have reliable information on recent competition ratios for Irish GP training schemes? Neither the ICGP nor the training schemes themselves seem to want to tell me...

Cheers,
    dante
    I doubt there are any official figures out there - this report suggests that the ratio was 3:1 about 10 years ago, and from what I've heard it's still more competitive than UK schemes, but you'd probably need to talk to folks already on the schemes directly to get more of a sense. Remember that Irish applicants are likely to be applying straight from intern year (F1) rather than F2, which might advantage you.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot; that link is very informative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dante14)
    Thanks a lot; that link is very informative.
    This link is a bit more recent and puts the ratio at 1.75 (but in Dublin it will be much higher). And there is always the chance of an extra place if they manage to **** it up again :laugh::laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, that's pretty funny Thank you once again!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.