Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I really don't know what to do Watch

so my boyfriend's 18 and i'm 19. We were dating for 7 months and have been in an official relationship for 19 months now. He's in his second year of a levels and i'm starting university next month. i understand that he'll be very stressed at the moment, but for about five months now, he hasn't been affectionate at all, it's like he's got no time for me and whatever i do, it annoys him. i can't win. i hate texting him because the conversation on his behalf always just consists of one word replies, i mean it's like he doesn't wanna talk so i'd rather he didn't bother. the fact he's not affectionate anymore is beginning to affect my self esteem because i feel like that must mean there's something wrong with me ?? he's recently claimed that i cause him so much stress which has made me feel awful as i'm having family problems which i blame myself for and i'm now feeling like i'm just an inconvenience to everyone. He doesn't think about how he makes me feel. i know he can be a sensitive, considerate and loving person which is obviously why i started to love him in the first place, but i don't know what to do anymore.

ReputationRep:
    He's probably fallen out of love with you or met someone else from the sound of things. Best to move on with a bit of pride and end things before he does I reckon. Of course that might not be the case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    so my boyfriend's 18 and i'm 19. We were dating for 7 months and have been in an official relationship for 19 months now. He's in his second year of a levels and i'm starting university next month. i understand that he'll be very stressed at the moment, but for about five months now, he hasn't been affectionate at all, it's like he's got no time for me and whatever i do, it annoys him. i can't win. i hate texting him because the conversation on his behalf always just consists of one word replies, i mean it's like he doesn't wanna talk so i'd rather he didn't bother. the fact he's not affectionate anymore is beginning to affect my self esteem because i feel like that must mean there's something wrong with me ?? he's recently claimed that i cause him so much stress which has made me feel awful as i'm having family problems which i blame myself for and i'm now feeling like i'm just an inconvenience to everyone. He doesn't think about how he makes me feel. i know he can be a sensitive, considerate and loving person which is obviously why i started to love him in the first place, but i don't know what to do anymore.
    If he says all those stuff and make you feel horrible about yourself like that despite your efforts, he's not worth it.
    Dump him.
    (Although you should probably tell him how you feel first)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.