Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am an international student who has recently firmed an offer to do Biochemistry at Queen Mary. I was now wondering if it's possible to transfer to the 4-year degree with placement year before coming to the UK.
    And if I am allowed to do so, how do I make the necessary application?

ReputationRep:
    I am currently doing a placement year, but I originally joined a 3 year degree. All I had to do was secure a work placement offer and then submitted a change of course form and the university changed me to the sandwich degree a few days later. So I wouldn't worry about changing to the sandwich course now if I were you, it's easy to change once you get an offer.

I am studying Computer Science, not Biochemistry however. But I assume the process would be more or less the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenfish)
    I am currently doing a placement year, but I originally joined a 3 year degree. All I had to do was secure a work placement offer and then submitted a change of course form and the university changed me to the sandwich degree a few days later. So I wouldn't worry about changing to the sandwich course now if I were you, it's easy to change once you get an offer.

I am studying Computer Science, not Biochemistry however. But I assume the process would be more or less the same.

that's a relief, thanks a bunch for sharing your thoughts.

A stupid question tho (just to be extra sure): you go to QM, right?

btw, didn't u face issues securing a placement in the first place? i mean i thought they require you to be on a placement degree before applying and all

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 10, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.