The Student Room Group

Help! Year abroad Criminology / LLB Law & Criminology

Hi all, so I figured that I would join this forum today to find out some information about the courses. I was at first intending to study Criminology with a year study abroad but I quickly dismissed it as I'm currently 26 and have an 11 month old son and figured it was not do-able. I then decided on LLB Law & Criminology, however it has always been my dream to study in the USA for a year. My question really, is - has anyone done this? Is it possible? Obviously I wouldn't leave my partner and son for a whole year I would want to take them with me. Do you know anyone who has? Thank you all.
Original post by AmbitiousOne1
Hi all, so I figured that I would join this forum today to find out some information about the courses. I was at first intending to study Criminology with a year study abroad but I quickly dismissed it as I'm currently 26 and have an 11 month old son and figured it was not do-able. I then decided on LLB Law & Criminology, however it has always been my dream to study in the USA for a year. My question really, is - has anyone done this? Is it possible? Obviously I wouldn't leave my partner and son for a whole year I would want to take them with me. Do you know anyone who has? Thank you all.

I remember talking to someone on here a few years ago who did a year abroad in Denmark with a toddler, so theoretically going abroad with a child is possible, although it might be harder in the States than childcare-friendly Scandinavia. I suggest you phone the the year abroad tutor at the universities you're applying to and see what they say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending