Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend is going on lads holiday Watch

ReputationRep:
    He literally just asked for your permission to be forgiven for getting off with a red light district hoe...

Giiiirrl? Dump that ass.

ReputationRep:
    cheating is horrible, I would leave him personally

ReputationRep:
    Cheat on him before he does it, go go go!

He might want time away from you, however; he needs to put you first. It really depends on how much you can trust him. If I was in your situation I would be concerned that he was cheating on you, however you can never be sure and he might be completely be faithful.

Personally I would question into what he was doing a bit more; if he really wanted to go on holiday to Amsterdam, why didn't you both just go there together?

ReputationRep:
      I love how people reacted to this. The question should be do you trust him if you do trust him ignore it see what happens if you don't trust him you really shouldn't be with him in the first place you don't know the context of the question so just wait to see what happens if he cheats on you fine you already expected it but have a small amount of faith in your boyfriend you know him well after all
      • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Anonymous)
      My boyfriend told me yesterday that he wants to go on holiday to Amsterdam with his guy friends. He said he's going for the 'nightlife' and when I questioned it, he said 'what? Just nightlife okay'. My boyfriend is an extremely socially awkward person, but his friend is a really outgoing, extroverted guy who has no trouble with girls, and his friends are like this.

My friend told me afterwards, that by 'nightlife' in Amsterdam, it means clubs, strip clubs, prostitutes, one night stands, drugs and a ton of alcohol. My boyfriend text me this morning too saying 'my friend hypothetically asked me what I would do if you cheated on me, I said I'd forgive her and I expect the same as I give '. Is he asking for my permission to cheat?!
      You know him better than us.

Are you sleeping together? Why not ask him directly to avoid confusion?
      It sounds like he is toying with the idea.

Just replay back whatever you think i.e you wouldn't forgive them and they would be an ex for exposing you to the risk of an STD and being unfaithful. If that is what you think ofc, but better to talk direct about the issue.

Sex show, drugs, getting drunk is bye the bye.

ReputationRep:
      My honest opinion is you should trust him, i don't think he was asking for permission to cheat more asking what you would do if the situation was to occur. But it mainly depends on how long you guys have been together and if your relationship is strong enough to go through this situation and be strong at the end of it all.

ReputationRep:
      I don't think the holiday is a problem here.

The comment was a bit dodgy but I don't think it is an automatic dumpable offence. It is at least worth asking him why he said that. Things can come off wrong especially over text.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by The Joker ~)
      You don't know this girl and you don't know this guy... While telling her to just dump him without knowing them and their realities (their lives, their relationship, their couple 'dynamics'
      Welcome to the People's Republic of TSR ~

He might want time away from you, however; he needs to put you first. It really depends on how much you can trust him. If I was in your situation I would be concerned that he was cheating on you, however you can never be sure and he might be completely be faithful.

Personally I would question into what he was doing a bit more; if he really wanted to go on holiday to Amsterdam, why didn't you both just go there together?

ReputationRep:
      I'm starting to realise he is an immature boy in general. The other day for example, I was wearing a choker necklace. He said 'why are you wearing that? I thought slutty girls wore those?', I said it's a piece of jewellery, why would you think something like that? He says 'my friends say it is, so I was easily influenced by them and thought the same', he's such a sheep. Thank you, I will hopefully find a guy that actually realises the value of his relationship is worth more than a fling.
      Ask him if he has Asperger's or just retarded.

ReputationRep:
      Your boyfriend sounds like bit of a spaz tbh

ReputationRep:
      dump him asap. Save yourself the heartbreak (when you find out he DID cheat on you, which is quite inevitable tbh judging by his comments) Sorry about that!

ReputationRep:
      i wouldnt let him go if i were u cos it sounds like he is gonna cheat on u and it makes me laugh how people r saying that he might just go there to smoke weed instead like thats any better!! i would tell him to ditch these friends as well cos they sound like bad influences if he doesnt listen then dump him

ReputationRep:
      My boyfriend told me yesterday that he wants to go on holiday to Amsterdam with his guy friends. He said he's going for the 'nightlife' and when I questioned it, he said 'what? Just nightlife okay'. My boyfriend is an extremely socially awkward person, but his friend is a really outgoing, extroverted guy who has no trouble with girls, and his friends are like this.

My friend told me afterwards, that by 'nightlife' in Amsterdam, it means clubs, strip clubs, prostitutes, one night stands, drugs and a ton of alcohol. My boyfriend text me this morning too saying 'my friend hypothetically asked me what I would do if you cheated on me, I said I'd forgive her and I expect the same as I give '. Is he asking for my permission to cheat?!
      does sound like he asking you to forgive him if you ever find out some way that he cheated

ReputationRep:

I think you should just learn to trust him and ask him when he comes back to be truthful and tell you if he cheated.
      He deserves a holiday with just his friends because most people in relationships think they have to stop going out and having fun with their friends and not go on holiday either, just be grateful his friends didn't choose Thailand.
      So you should arrange a holiday with just you and your girlfriend's too. Go to Amsterdam too but not at the same time as him, then you will see for yourself what it's like and it might give you an idea of what he got up to. You never know you might even enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
      Going to Amsterdam and going clubbing isn't necessarily wrong, but the text he sent is a bit dubious- are you sure it's not a frape?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by LibertyMan)
      Going to Amsterdam and going clubbing isn't necessarily wrong, but the text he sent is a bit dubious- are you sure it's not a frape?
      I've been to Amsterdam before but couldn't do any clubbing as I was with my parents.

Also, please could you help by posting a few to this thread? https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...24914&page=323 Even if it's just one number you post?

It's just we need all the help we can get on that thread.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
      lol at all the virgins on here telling OP to ditch her bf

OP, talk to ur bf, and get straight up info from him, and make decision based on that. Only u can make this decision, not the idiots on here who dont know **** about how to deal with the opposite sex. Half ppl on here get errect over rep points, imagine what they'd be like if they got a kiss ffs

SMH.

ReputationRep:
      Hehe, he's given you permission to Cheat. I guess he only said that because he's at the alter getting ready to Marry Juana

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.