Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Big Issue watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was always told never to give beggars money because they might just go and buy some alcohol or drugs with it. I'm not saying that all beggars are dirty alcohols or smelly druggies, but you can never be sure. But by buying the Big Issue, you can be sure that the money will actually help the beggar. Alternatively you can give money to charities for the homeless, but buying the Big Issue means that you also get something in return (as well as a warm bubbly feeling inside)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    What do you think of it?
    Have you ever bought it? How much is it? Was it worth it?

i'm asking this cos i was in town the other day and there were, as always, loads of people selling it, and i as always, walked past them all. but recently, i thought - why? maybe i should buy it to see what its like, then if i like it, maybe i should buy it often.
    I bought it once and thought it was crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    I bought it once and thought it was crap.
    Well there is a big surprise...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    Well there is a big surprise...
    Whats that Mr Patel?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.