Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have a question about how household income will be assessed. My daughter intends to study at university in September 2017. I have been divorced from her father for 3 years. I sold the family home just over a year ago, and for the sake of convenience, since my daughter's school is closer to her father's home, she mainly lives with him and stays with me every other weekend. I now live with a new partner and my 16-year-old son. I was therefore wondering if you could let me know whose household income will be assessed? Will it be my partner's income combined with mine, or my ex-husband's? Presumably his partner's income would not be taken into account since she does not live him? Many thanks.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Morrissey)
    Hello, I have a question about how household income will be assessed. My daughter intends to study at university in September 2017. I have been divorced from her father for 3 years. I sold the family home just over a year ago, and for the sake of convenience, since my daughter's school is closer to her father's home, she mainly lives with him and stays with me every other weekend. I now live with a new partner and my 16-year-old son. I was therefore wondering if you could let me know whose household income will be assessed? Will it be my partner's income combined with mine, or my ex-husband's? Presumably his partner's income would not be taken into account since she does not live him? Many thanks.
    It ll be based off of her dads income since he lives with him the majority of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    It ll be based off of her dads income since he lives with him the majority of the time.
    Many thanks - we'll start there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Morrissey)
    Many thanks - we'll start there!
    Just one more thing - would this still be the case if my ex-husband's partner had made a financial contribution to buying his new house or if her name were on the mortgage? I don't know if this is the case, but if so, would this affect the assessment of household income?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.