Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone help me translate this? I am useless at word order/tenses etc and I have a German Writing exam next week I am so nervous for!

'My favourite athlete is Serena Williams. She is a female tennis player, born in America. She was ranked the World Number One by the Woman's Tennis Association in singles on seven occasions. I liker her because in December 2015, she was named Sportsperson of the Year by Sports Illustrated magazine.

She started playing tennis at the age of 3, in Compton, California. Her family moved to Palm Beach, Florida so she could join a tennis club and would go on to be noticed by the owner for her exceptional talent.

Some interesting facts about Serena Williams is that she briefly starred in the film 'Black Knight' however these scenes were cut from the final film. She is also a Jehovah's Witness.' However, Serena was fined and placed on probation for allegedly threatening a lines woman, but she quickly moved past the incident.'

I know it all sounds a bit robotic and scripted but trust me, it has to be like that.

Danke!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotte_rose)
    Please can someone help me translate this? I am useless at word order/tenses etc and I have a German Writing exam next week I am so nervous for!

'My favourite athlete is Serena Williams. She is a female tennis player, born in America. She was ranked the World Number One by the Woman's Tennis Association in singles on seven occasions. I liker her because in December 2015, she was named Sportsperson of the Year by Sports Illustrated magazine.

She started playing tennis at the age of 3, in Compton, California. Her family moved to Palm Beach, Florida so she could join a tennis club and would go on to be noticed by the owner for her exceptional talent.

Some interesting facts about Serena Williams is that she briefly starred in the film 'Black Knight' however these scenes were cut from the final film. She is also a Jehovah's Witness.' However, Serena was fined and placed on probation for allegedly threatening a lines woman, but she quickly moved past the incident.'

I know it all sounds a bit robotic and scripted but trust me, it has to be like that.

Danke!
    You need to try and do this yourself, then someone else will help you. We will not write your homework for you.

ReputationRep:
    This is what I wrote:

'Meine Leiblingssporterlin ist Serena Williams. Sie ist eine weibliche Tennisspieler, in Amerika geboren. Sie war die Nummer Eins der Welt durch Tennis Verband der Frau im Einzel Platz bei sieben Gelegenheiten. Ich Ihr liker, weil im Dezember 2015 war sie Sportler des Jahres von Sports Illustrated Magazine genannt.

Sie begann Tennis spielen im Alter von 3, in Compton, Kalifornien. Ihre Familie zog nach Palm Beach, Florida, so dass Sie ein Tennis Club beitreten könnte und würde durch den Eigentümer für ihr außergewöhnliches Talent, um beachtet zu werden.

Einige interessante Fakten über Serena Williams ist, dass sie kurz die Hauptrolle in dem Film 'Black Knight' aber diese Szenen aus dem fertigen Film geschnitten wurden. Sie ist auch ein Zeuge Jehovas. Allerdings, Serena wurde verurteilt und auf Probe für angeblich droht eine Linien Frau gelegt, aber Sie zogen schnell über den Vorfall.'

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.