Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone has heard back from Birmingham for MSci psychology and psychological practise (or research)? Or been interviewed/invited for applicant day? I applied in early October, heard from all 4 others, and haven't heard anything from Bham....

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same situation. Heard from 4 but nothing yet from Birmingham. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zimbar)
    Exactly the same situation. Heard from 4 but nothing yet from Birmingham. Good luck!
    That's reassuring to hear, haha. Did you apply for the MSci in practise or research? What were your other unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuroKL)
    That's reassuring to hear, haha. Did you apply for the MSci in practise or research? What were your other unis?
    Research. Hoping to get interview but nothing yet! Offers from Bath, Exeter, Surrey & Warwick. You?

ReputationRep:
    Research. Hoping to get interview but nothing yet! Offers from Bath, Exeter, Surrey & Warwick. You?
    Ah awesome!! I've gone for practise bc want to be a neuropsychologist and I loveeee their course. Ah nice, same Bham is my top choice I'm desperate to hear!! Cambridge (interview but no offer), Bath (2 offers - one for 3 year one for 4 year) and Exeter (offer) Fingers crossed for us both, keep me updated if you hear??

ReputationRep:
    Ah awesome!! I've gone for practise bc want to be a neuropsychologist and I loveeee their course. Ah nice, same Bham is my top choice I'm desperate to hear!! Cambridge (interview but no offer), Bath (2 offers - one for 3 year one for 4 year) and Exeter (offer) Fingers crossed for us both, keep me updated if you hear??
    Yeah, will do! Really like Birmingham and want that interview/offer but also like the 4 year course at Bath too! Good luck - hope we hear soon!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Heard nothing apart from that email mistake this week! Nothing about Psychology Masters or BSc.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've still not heard anything and I'm getting concerned now! How about you? I saw someone's heard about the BSc course the other day.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've still not heard anything and I'm getting concerned now! How about you? I saw someone's heard about the BSc course the other day.
    Hiya,
    Nope me neither, still nothing... as soon as I hear I'll let you know! I know in previous years they hear early March time so fingers crossed it can't be much longer now....

ReputationRep:
    Any updates? I still haven't heard anything for MSci and am aware there was an applicant day yesterday (but they didn't email me about it at all?)

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

Still nothing either. No word about applicants day, no word about the MSc or BSc and can't figure out why!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

Still nothing either. No word about applicants day, no word about the MSc or BSc and can't figure out why!
    That's reassuring to hear! It's so annoying me now bc I'm all the previous years they've heard by now - and I want to be able to do my student finance and accommodation 😅

ReputationRep:
    Another week gone and still not heard anything about the Masters or BSc. Is it wrong to phone them?

ReputationRep:
    Another week gone and still not heard anything about the Masters or BSc. Is it wrong to phone them?
    As it goes, I phoned them today!!! They said they haven't given any offers out for MSci yet and will do within the next month... but a months time is literally a week before the deadline 😭 (Apparently this year is the most number of applicants they've had)

ReputationRep:
    As it goes, I phoned them today!!! They said they haven't given any offers out for MSci yet and will do within the next month... but a months time is literally a week before the deadline 😭 (Apparently this year is the most number of applicants they've had)
    Really appreciate you sharing that info - thanks!

Like you I want to sort finance and accommodation so i can focus on exams - not sure i can wait another month! Wasn't there also a possibility of interviews for the Masters?

ReputationRep:
    Really appreciate you sharing that info - thanks!

Like you I want to sort finance and accommodation so i can focus on exams - not sure i can wait another month! Wasn't there also a possibility of interviews for the Masters?
    Have you heard?

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard?
    Hi, saw it last night! You heard too?

Got the Masters offer - 3 As with the EPQ

hoping you got your good news!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!!!!!! Unfortunately I only got 3 year offer but I'm still going to firm it! Please may I ask what your AS grades were and predicted grades for A2? I'm hoping I'll be able to transfer up to the MSci because I want it so bad
    Congrats to you too - getting in is the thing!!! Sure it will easy enough to get onto the MSci once you're there and impressed!!

Got 4 A's at AS and predicted is A* Psychology and A's for Physics & Maths.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.