Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ukmt imc thresholds 2017 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm in year 9, and I just did the UKMT Intermediate challenge for the first time a few weeks ago. I was wondering if with my score of 112, it would be possible for me to get a gold? I realise that the thresholds from last year are much lower, but I think this years test was much easier so everyone would be getting higher? Or is it just me?

---Moved to Maths Exams---

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, that's definitely gold. It's a great score for a year 9.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by altablue)
    Hey, I'm in year 9, and I just did the UKMT Intermediate challenge for the first time a few weeks ago. I was wondering if with my score of 112, it would be possible for me to get a gold? I realise that the thresholds from last year are much lower, but I think this years test was much easier so everyone would be getting higher? Or is it just me?

---Moved to Maths Exams---
    That is definitely enough for a gold last year you needed 62 and 60 for the kangaroo and 80 something for the Olympiad so probably you got into that. Well done! Which school do you go to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    Don't worry, that's definitely gold. It's a great score for a year 9.
    Sorry slightly irrelevant but what do the green boxes next to the names mean? You have lots but I have only 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Almonti372)
    Sorry slightly irrelevant but what do the green boxes next to the names mean? You have lots but I have only 1
    It's your rep (reputation) level. The more people that +rep you (by clicking the thumbs up on your post or by clicking give rep on your profile), the more gems (green boxes) you accumulate. As you get more gems, it gets harder and harder to get more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    It's your rep (reputation) level. The more people that +rep you (by clicking the thumbs up on your post or by clicking give rep on your profile), the more gems (green boxes) you accumulate. As you get more gems, it gets harder and harder to get more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh but I have only one how did you get so many?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Almonti372)
    Oh but I have only one how did you get so many?
    Just by making lots of good posts which people +rep.

Here read this:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=rep

ReputationRep:
    You should make it. Well done.

ReputationRep:
    PS it is based on like the top 6% of all contestants

ReputationRep:
    well done, that's a really good score. I'm in year 9 as well- do you think that a score of 90 will suffice for a gold/follow-on-round?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soupram)
    well done, that's a really good score. I'm in year 9 as well- do you think that a score of 90 will suffice for a gold/follow-on-round?
    Yeah definitely gold probably through to the Cayley Olympiad

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.