The Student Room Group

Opinions on getting engaged or married on Valentines Day

Poll

What do you think of getting engaged/married on Valentines Day

So its seems to be more and more common every year that people are getting engaged or married on Valentines Day. Would you ever like to get engaged/married on this day? To you think this is cute or tacky?

I personally wouldn't fancy getting engaged or married on this date as I'd rather both happened either on a random day or a day that is significant to both of us but I suppose when it gets right down to it, the date doesn't really matter, its being together and progression of your relationship that matters. Each to their own on what date they choose. Another reason I wouldn't want to get married then is that venues would charge a fortune for that date since its so popular :tongue: I can't really judge or say its tacky when I'm having a cat themed wedding :teehee: :laugh:

To guys who are in a serious relationship at the moment, do you feel a pressure to do something overly romantic on Valentines Day such as proposing?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Idk but +1 for rick, if only it was tiny rick tho
Cute
I'd prefer plugging her details into http://deathclock.com/ and see which month & day it lands on, then later I can freak her out.
Reply 4
It's just a novelty really.
Original post by Spock's Socks
So its seems to be more and more common every year that people are getting engaged or married on Valentines Day. Would you ever like to get engaged/married on this day? To you think this is cute or tacky?

I personally wouldn't fancy getting engaged or married on this date as I'd rather both happened either on a random day or a day that is significant to both of us but I suppose when it gets right down to it, the date doesn't really matter, its being together and progressing in your relationship that matters. Each to their own on what date they choose. Another reason I wouldn't want to get married then is that venues would charge a fortune for that date since its so popular :tongue: I can't really judge or say its tacky when I'm having a cat themed wedding :teehee: :laugh:

To guys who are in a serious relationship at the moment, do you feel a pressure to do something overly romantic on Valentines Day such as proposing?

Id say any day would be important for me for engagement or marriage , i wouldn't say its tacky :lol:
Original post by XOR_
I'd prefer plugging her details into http://deathclock.com/ and see which month & day it lands on, then later I can freak her out.

What are you

I personally wouldn't fancy getting engaged or married on this date as I'd rather both happened either on a random day or a day that is significant to both of us but I suppose when it gets right down to it, the date doesn't really matter, its being together and progressing in your relationship that matters. Each to their own on what date they choose. Another reason I wouldn't want to get married then is that venues would charge a fortune for that date since its so popular :tongue: I can't really judge or say its tacky when I'm having a cat themed wedding :teehee: :laugh:

I don't feel anything about it either way when it comes to getting engaged, I like how josh picked a completely random day to propose though. I agree that getting married on that day isn't the best idea, i know registrars are cheaper on weekdays but i imagine every other cost could be as bad as or worse than weekends.

I certainly never felt (and don't now as an engaged person) feel the pressure to do romantic things on valentines day, we're having a nice romantic nice with a meal deal instead of our monthly takeaway this weekend but i m a big believer that it's showing your love to each other on a daily basis that matters, not being extra romantic on one particular day.
I'd prefer it to be another date. Dunno why
Reply 9
Original post by claireestelle
I don't feel anything about it either way when it comes to getting engaged, I like how josh picked a completely random day to propose though. I agree that getting married on that day isn't the best idea, i know registrars are cheaper on weekdays but i imagine every other cost could be as bad as or worse than weekends.

I certainly never felt (and don't now as an engaged person) feel the pressure to do romantic things on valentines day, we're having a nice romantic nice with a meal deal instead of our monthly takeaway this weekend but i m a big believer that it's showing your love to each other on a daily basis that matters, not being extra romantic on one particular day.

This :yep:

Hope you enjoy your meal :smile: me and Callan moved in together on Valentines Day 6 years ago (the date was a coincidence, nothing romantic :laugh: ) so we celebrate that instead of Valentines Day. Think we're just getting a takeaway and watching horror films although we are club members at our local Brewers Fayre restaurant and they give us good meal deals and we still have a free meal and wine deal left over from our anniversary last week so we might use that on Valentines day or before :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Casisalive
Idk but +1 for rick, if only it was tiny rick tho

I just started watching the show a few days ago and the Tiny Rick episode is the next one I've got to watch :colondollar: means I'm nearly finished the show though :frown:
Reply 11
At least it makes the anniversary date easy to remember.
I just started watching the show a few days ago and the Tiny Rick episode is the next one I've got to watch :colondollar: means I'm nearly finished the show though :frown:

Its one roller-coaster of a show, now we just wait our lives away for season 3 :frown:
I would prefer a summer wedding
This :yep:

Hope you enjoy your meal :smile: me and Callan moved in together on Valentines Day 6 years ago (the date was a coincidence, nothing romantic :laugh: ) so we celebrate that instead of Valentines Day. Think we're just getting a takeaway and watching horror films although we are club members at our local Brewers Fayre restaurant and they give us good meal deals and we still have a free meal and wine deal left over from our anniversary last week so we might use that on Valentines day or before :smile:

Thank you, it'll just be an m&s meal deal but this weekend it comes with fancy chocolates <3 That is quite the coincidence, brewers fayre do do great grub :smile:
I think I've said on here before that I don't get the point of making any kind of big deal about weddings at all. Nor do I really understand the point of valentine's day.

So you could probably guess my opinion on this combo...
Reply 16
Original post by claireestelle
Thank you, it'll just be an m&s meal deal but this weekend it comes with fancy chocolates <3 That is quite the coincidence, brewers fayre do do great grub :smile:

Nice one, what do you get in the meal deal? :smile:
Too cheesy imo.
Nice one, what do you get in the meal deal? :smile:

Starter, side ,main, dessert, chocolates and wine for £20 :smile: think we ll have fancy fish cake, steak and the profiteroles :smile:
Original post by XOR_

Apparently I die in 2073. :woo::woo::woo::woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending