Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ocr history a level independent study Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone else is doing this A2 (OCR) independent study/investigation. Basically, I have fallen behind and the deadline is on the horizon. I'm soon meant to be writing up a 4000-word essay on the topic "To what extent was the Vietnam war lost due to the hostility of the American media". I was hoping if anyone would be able to point me in the direction of good books and primary/secondary sources to meet the specification - we are meant to have a few primary and secondary sources for each factor, my other factors being American leadership (Political and Miltary), Strength of the Vietcong, Weaknesses of Americans e.g. soldiers, tactics and obviously the Role of the Media.
    Sorry for this post being long haha I am just trying to get the most info in to get the best responses, even if you can't help with the actual topic, advice on how to structure the essay would be greatly appreciated as my teacher is no use. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I hope I'm not too late but I'm doing it as well
    My question is "Within the context of the period 1940s-1960s how significant was the role played by Martin Luther King in improving the position of African Americans"

So far I've written the bulk of the essay but still have to write a conclusion
    Basically for an assess question I structured it similarly to how you would structure a regular history essay. I got information and historians who support that MLK was the reason for the changing position then I got information from historians and books who claimed it was the local people efforts that changed their position in the USA. By doing this I was able to make links as well and make evaluative criticisms.

ReputationRep:
    I PEEL

Said a point
    Evidence (primary source, what happened etc)
    Explanation ( how this changed, or affected, and the historians explanation and interpretations, and secondary sources) was able to make links as well
    Then I linked it back to question the best way I could

So far I need to have my teacher go through the first draft and give more advise on how to tackle the question because they r limited in what they are allowed to do to help

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me when the actual OCR deadline is ,thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.