Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your favourite Tv Show that was originally in a foreign language? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I.e What is your favourite tv show that was not originally based in USA or U.K.?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    I.e What is your favourite tv show that was not originally based in USA or U.K.?
    Would have to be Yugioh which was originally aired in Japan I've seen both Japanese and Englsih versions and prefer the Japanese one tbh, they change the music in the English one and it's not as good :hide:

ReputationRep:
    Takeshis castle

ReputationRep:
    Countdown, which originated from Des Chiffres et des Lettres. The original is still on French telly, on France 3 and is also on TV5 worldwide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Takeshis castle
    Good choice. Entirely, wonderfully weird.
    • Very Important Poster

The Killing, the Bridge and Spiral.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Good choice. Entirely, wonderfully weird.
    Its one amazing show

ReputationRep:
    Its one amazing show
    It was. Entirely bonkers! We used to watch it en masse after having had a few sweet sherries and this increased the crazy factor exponentially.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    It was. Entirely bonkers! We used to watch it en masse after having had a few sweet sherries and this increased the crazy factor exponentially.
    I used to watch it all the time. I dont seem to see it on challenge so much nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    I used to watch it all the time. I dont seem to see it on challenge so much nowadays.
    Got to say I really enjoyed Takeshi castle when I was younger, can only remember one person completing the final challenge though, but was funny watching one guy and the general against a group, knowing this will only last a few seconds.
    Iirc, I seem to remember seeing it back on challenge at 5pm on the weekdays.

For me, recently watched the Israeli series, Beauty and the Baker (lehiyot Ita)) on channel 4 on demand and really enjoyed it and can see why it has been successful.

ReputationRep:
    Got to say I really enjoyed Takeshi castle when I was younger, can only remember one person completing the final challenge though, but was funny watching one guy and the general against a group, knowing this will only last a few seconds.
    Iirc, I seem to remember seeing it back on challenge at 5pm on the weekdays.

For me, recently watched the Israeli series, Beauty and the Baker (lehiyot Ita)) on channel 4 on demand and really enjoyed it and can see why it has been successful.
    Ive never seen that. Ill have to look into it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Everything what comes originally from America and Great Britain. As I said it many times in another thread before: English is not my native language.

ReputationRep:
    Ive never seen that. Ill have to look into it.
    Let me know what you think if you see it.

ReputationRep:
    Let me know what you think if you see it.
    I will do

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.