Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've had an offer to study the Business Psychology undergraduate course (4 years, AAB). Before deciding on my firm choice, I would like to hear the opinions of current students, both about Loughborough Uni, the city or ideally the course itself. I am very interested in marketing, psychology, business and economics. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am going into second year doing the 4 year business psychology course at loughborough! About the course - it is mostly psychology based modules however there are options such as principles of marketing and the marketing mix that you can choose and others such as work psychology so you do get a range! I loved my first year and I also want to go into marketing too at the end of my degree and so will be looking at placement opportunities when I go back to uni in a couple of weeks. In terms of placements there's always career fairs and other events that allow you to interact with companies and so you can get a good idea of what is involved. Feel free to message me with any questions about the course or the uni itself!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm really confused as to choose Business Psychology or Psychology in itself. Because I like research and learning human behaviour and interested in becoming a market researcher but in the long run I am uncertain if I would be content with where I am, what if I want to change my career? Anyways how is the business psychology course? Is it too hard? And what about the university campus... is it fun to study there and how is accommodation? Sorry too many questions! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConfusedAmbivert)
    I'm really confused as to choose Business Psychology or Psychology in itself. Because I like research and learning human behaviour and interested in becoming a market researcher but in the long run I am uncertain if I would be content with where I am, what if I want to change my career? Anyways how is the business psychology course? Is it too hard? And what about the university campus... is it fun to study there and how is accommodation? Sorry too many questions! :P
    I only arrived yesterday, but will let you know how i get on

ReputationRep:
    Actually meant to ask the person above you. Sorry I'm new here
    (Original post by lukeashworth21)
    I only arrived yesterday, but will let you know how i get on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloeadamsss)
    Hi, I am going into second year doing the 4 year business psychology course at loughborough! About the course - it is mostly psychology based modules however there are options such as principles of marketing and the marketing mix that you can choose and others such as work psychology so you do get a range! I loved my first year and I also want to go into marketing too at the end of my degree and so will be looking at placement opportunities when I go back to uni in a couple of weeks. In terms of placements there's always career fairs and other events that allow you to interact with companies and so you can get a good idea of what is involved. Feel free to message me with any questions about the course or the uni itself!
    I actually meant to ask you this lol

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Hahaha it's no problem at all - I was literally in the same position as you not knowing what I want to do, especially in the long run. If you like to learn about human behaviour but also interested in marketing (I want to go into marketing too) then I definitely would do this course. Business psychology does a lot of the Psychology modules anyway but gives just extra business modules to do too. With career choices, this degree I think is great because it doesn't limit what you can do - you can choose business careers or Psychology careers or even maybe branch out into something else. It's not too hard at all - as long as you keep on top of the work then you'd be fine. Also Loughborough is no. 1 for student experience in the UK so I think that says a lot haha and accommodation wise - if you're quite sociable etc. then choose halls like William Morris, Rigg Rutt, Bakewell, Elvyn, Towers (I went here) - look on the accommodation site to see about ensuites/shared bathrooms and catered/self-catered halls. Hope this helps!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.