Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I went on one of these room finder sites to find somewhere to stay close to my university. Someone is advertising a room in one of these student village type things and it's a really good deal. But I went on the site of the people who own the flats and it says in the tenant agreement no subletting. I'm fairly certain that's what she's doing as it's halfway through the school year so no one is moving into these places right now. If that is what's happening, what would happen if a landlord or someone like that found out? Thank you.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katieann229)
    So I went on one of these room finder sites to find somewhere to stay close to my university. Someone is advertising a room in one of these student village type things and it's a really good deal. But I went on the site of the people who own the flats and it says in the tenant agreement no subletting. I'm fairly certain that's what she's doing as it's halfway through the school year so no one is moving into these places right now. If that is what's happening, what would happen if a landlord or someone like that found out? Thank you.
    subletting is likely to be against their agreement, but in this situation it looks like she's looking for a replacement who will then go onto sign a tenancy agreement with the owners, unless there's something to make you suspicious otherwise like the price of the rent per week being different?

ReputationRep:
    It sounds to me like they're finding a replacement which is pretty normal you'll see loadsss of flats advertised on here from people wanting to leave their course etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.